Warning: Sellers to avoid

Temporarily locked due to spammers. Will investigate.

Ask here if you are looking for a facility to perform labor on your Lincoln. You should also post your recommended suppliers or servicers here for others to find. Want to name a vendor you had a bad experience with? Post your comments here, but please stick to the facts. Ask or post for Part Numbers and Cross References in the sub-forum specifically for that here.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: Warning: Sellers to avoid

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Did you contact Ebay? I've found that they are really good about refunding your money, especially if you use Paypal. Give it a shot.
toddallen
TLFer for Life

Post by toddallen »

I did give him a negative rating, after fair warning of 3 emails over a time of just over 2 weeks. Yesterday he sent me a harsh reply saying I jumped the gun and gave him a negative feedback too soon. He also told me he WAS going to give me a refund (right... I should have waited a couple of months).

Stu, I did do a complaint with paypal. I really don't care if I get my money back, it wasn't much, but hate people like this selling on ebay- they need to go away.
1963 Linc Convertible
1963 Linc Vert parts car
1968 Mustang FB
2009 Cadillac CTS
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Negative feedback was a way to punish bad sellers and buyers.

Now, when you give it, you tend to get retaliatory negative feedback with complaints about "not being patient enough", etc. Todd did what any buyer would do. At least it got the seller's attention. Now, todd can say "send me a refund and I will withdraw my feedback". Unfortunately, others may not learn of this guy's problems. The feedback system is truly broken.
toddallen
TLFer for Life

Post by toddallen »

I thought Ebay changed the system so sellers cannot give retailitory feedback to a buyer. I started sending emails about the condition of the gas pedal starting July 26th.

To give you an idea of what kind of guy this is, I received a new email from him this morning (probably after I filed a complaint with Paypal).

This time of year, I am not always able to respond to email right away. I am gone most weekends at shows and sometimes during the week. My reference to the photo was to ask if it was like that in the photo or not. I have someone list many of my parts, I don't always see what is listed before it goes out. Sometimes the kid is dumb as a box of rocks and lists stuff I wouldn't waste my time with. Don't tell me what I know or don't know. You think I am out there trying to get rich and screw people over an item I probably made $1 on? You can waste all the time you want in a pissing match, won't get you anywhere with me. Far as I am concerned the transaction is done on my end. I have no motivation to fix anything anymore. You need not be so eager to end the transaction in a negative manner.
Have a good day
Mike

- msrx1

I find it amazing that someone that has over 400 items currently listed for sale on ebay does not check his email .
1963 Linc Convertible
1963 Linc Vert parts car
1968 Mustang FB
2009 Cadillac CTS
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Just typical excuses.
JimLinc62
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by JimLinc62 »

toddallen wrote:To give you an idea of what kind of guy this is, I received a new email from him this morning (probably after I filed a complaint with Paypal).

... I have someone list many of my parts, I don't always see what is listed before it goes out. Sometimes the kid is dumb as a box of rocks...
Ummm,,,... WHAT?! Let's see: You're the one who does the hiring. You're the one who doesn't know - or apparently care - what all you're selling. You're the one who thinks supervision is unnecessary. You're the one who doesn't read their e-mail. You must be just one of those Rocks in that Box. :roll:

I think you made a good call on the complaint & neg feedback, Todd. 3 em's in two weeks without a response is NOT "being eager to be negative". Thanks for posting the warning (although I doubt I'd be likely to order a gas pedal from him anyway! :wink:)
1962 Convertible
Sultana White/Light Honey Beige
A/C - Tinted Glass - Auto Headlight Dimmer - Pwr. Seat 6-way - Elec. Ant.
Build Date: 02/06
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Yeah, the guy's a real idiot.
Gerald F. Chase
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Gerald F. Chase »

"Many moons ago", I had a disappointing experience with John Kepich, the exhaust guy. I
remember calling him after I received my goods, but he didn't seem to know what I was
talking about: brackets at the back of a rear early Sixties Lincoln muffler, with a square
hole in the bottom of the "double-90degree" attaching bracket on both sides of the tiny
exit pipe (that is curved downward).

Anyway, I've sometimes wonder if he operates the "Classic Exhaust" in Ohio, since I
recall that his advertisements, for a while, had both an Ohio address and a Florida one.

While it was disappointing, I wouldn't say it was grossly bad or a massive ripoff. I
still have an old rear piece with the brackets that I thought that I would send him, so
he can learn what the '61 - '63 rear Lincoln muffs need. As owners know, there's a
swing down bracket attached to the car that mates up to the bottom of these "on the
muffler" double-ninety-degree brackets with a hole in the bottom side, for a carriage
bolt to go through that hole and the hole in the two-pronged car bracket . . . in order
to hold the rear part of the system up, where it belongs.

If I remember correctly, after '63, the bracket on the car was changed to allow for a
simple "U-bolt & saddle" type clamp [from the car bracket which mated to the small
down-curved integral "tailpipe", to hold the rear muffs up. I know that the '66s
were this way.

Jerry
Stutz
Frequent Contributor

Post by Stutz »

I would avoid buying anything from Adam on this site with the user name of morningsidemortuary. In April of last year I contacted him with a list of parts I needed for a Mark III. I sent payment and was flexible about shipping time. It has been 11 month later, 21 emails requesting shipment but no luck. I would avoid using him!
autostick
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by autostick »

toddallen wrote:To give you an idea of what kind of guy this is, I received a new email from him this morning (probably after I filed a complaint with Paypal).

This time of year, I am not always able to respond to email right away. I am gone most weekends at shows and sometimes during the week. My reference to the photo was to ask if it was like that in the photo or not. I have someone list many of my parts, I don't always see what is listed before it goes out. Sometimes the kid is dumb as a box of rocks and lists stuff I wouldn't waste my time with. Don't tell me what I know or don't know. You think I am out there trying to get rich and screw people over an item I probably made $1 on? You can waste all the time you want in a pissing match, won't get you anywhere with me. Far as I am concerned the transaction is done on my end. I have no motivation to fix anything anymore. You need not be so eager to end the transaction in a negative manner.
Have a good day

Mike - msrx1

I find it amazing that someone that has over 400 items currently listed for sale on ebay does not check his email .
I want to add msrx1 to my list of sellers to avoid. However, I can find no such link on eBay. I can only find a button for "Add to Favorite Sellers"
Does anyone know where the blacklist button is, or "Add to Sellers to Avoid"?
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Decker auto parts

Post by 66Lincoupe »

Decker Auto parts in Utica, MI. (Auto Value chain store, but in the same location and Decker name since 1947)

Seems the counter staff of an auto parts store with a 62 year old name are far too busy to help someone who needs off-the-shelf parts.

I am doing a gen to alt conversion, and needed the parts. Ford used "basically" the same alternator from 1965 until 1989. I had called about the alternator and regulator the day prior to going to the store, but when I came in the sales person behind the counter (after ignoring me at first) told me that "you know, we won't have any of this in stock and will have to order it".

When I told him that I had already called and was told the parts were in stock, he threw an agitated look and proceeded to pound the keys of his computer to find - lo and behold - the parts were in stock...

I am tired of the big chain "we ain't got it" stores. I thought Decker was different but, alas, it is not so.
Rob
johnnygoonba
Occasional Visitor

Post by johnnygoonba »

stay away from united speedometer . sent a few parts to them to be restored was told two weeks and now it has been 4 months and all they have is excuses and now they say they have lost some of my parts to complete the job . they are in riverside calif and have recently had the phone disconnected after 30 years in business . oh great
JG
1956premiere
Occasional Visitor

Post by 1956premiere »

Well, I just discovered this thread, and up to now, buying on e bay or through people I have seen here was ok. But last year in November ( yes November 2009 ) I ordered a couple of rear brake cylinders from my 56 Premiere on ebay from someone called KFparts and paid through paypal ( around 80 USD all included ). Since shipping can take up to eight weeks, I did not really worry and just sent a few emails to enquire. I never got the stuff and even though I have sent several e mails trough ebay to this guy, I never got parts and never got any reply. Of course, pay pal does not cover the loss since timing is over now.
Be aware...
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Never give up asking for a refund.
stephenjha
Lincoln Maniac

Post by stephenjha »

Had a negative experience with Jacksons Oldtime Parts - www.OldTimeParts.com. They do business on EBAY as screen name partsamerican. I ordered a brake spring and hardware kit for my 64 LCC and was not happy with the kit. The return springs were smaller than the originals on my car and the hold down pins were shorter. I was able to reuse the original springs on my car and sourced my hold down pins, springs, and cups from NAPA. I contacted them today regarding the spring/parts kit and after talking to Rod was refused a refund despite the fact that I have the full unused kit that I wanted to return. I am planning to dispute the charge with my CC company. I would definitely not do business with the vendor in the future.
64 LCC- Fiesta Red
64 LC - currently parting out

Return to “Suppliers, Vendors, Feedback, & Part Cross Reference”