Warning: Sellers to avoid

Temporarily locked due to spammers. Will investigate.

Ask here if you are looking for a facility to perform labor on your Lincoln. You should also post your recommended suppliers or servicers here for others to find. Want to name a vendor you had a bad experience with? Post your comments here, but please stick to the facts. Ask or post for Part Numbers and Cross References in the sub-forum specifically for that here.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: Warning: Sellers to avoid

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Had an issue with Rock Auto. Wasn't happy with how their customer service people handled it (even after requesting a response here) so mailed a letter to Jim Taylor back on September 16. Never heard back from him.

While I don't buy a lot, I won't be buying from them anymore.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I doubt I will be avoiding RockAuto because you had a problem, Stu. They've screwed up about 1 in 4 orders for me, but fixed them every time. You don't tell us what happened and they aren't just a seller, they're a huge supplier.
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Totally understand. For me, it's that my letter explaining what happened to the CEO was ignored. While they may be a big supplier, they are not the only one around.

I had a problem with what their website recommended (wrong part; they don't even HAVE the part I needed) and wasn't happy with something minor. Sometimes, it is the small stuff that does matter.

No biggie, I'm over it.
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

I had only one bad experience with RockAuto--last July, when I ordered upper engine gaskets to do a valve lifter job upon my return from Germany. Someone in shipping had momentary dyslexia and reversed two numbers in the part number for the intake manifold gasket set, so I ended up with the intake gasket for a Jeep. The other gaskets and the lifters were fine. But they refunded the money for the intake when I sent it back. No big deal; in fact, I ordered from them again two months ago--more gaskets for the head job. No issues then.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
davidpeden
Occasional Visitor

Post by davidpeden »

I'll make a note here about the guy from whom I bought my '65 Sedan on eBay. He buys and sells old cars and tends to really like old Lincolns. His description was blatantly fraudulent, enough so that I actually started the process to sue him until he agreed to make partial restitution. His name is Robert Muis and it seems others have had issues with him and posted on other car forums. Just want to give a heads up to other forum members.

Contact me directly if you'd like more details.

Thanks,

David
LC67Vert
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LC67Vert »

I wish I had read Stuart’s post at the top of page 4. Add me to the list of people who will no longer use RockAuto for parts purchases. They have zero customer service. There is no way to contact them via email or phone if you have a problem. I learned the hard way and spent over $180 in the process. I just checked their Yelp reviews and there are many, many unhappy people for the same reason as me: zero customer service coupled with them sending the wrong parts and then not taking any responsibility for sending the wrong parts. I will not use RockAuto again there are many other options that offer customer service.
Jeff
1967 Lincoln Continental Convertible
modeleh
Lincoln Maniac

Post by modeleh »

I needed a voltage regulator for my 62, saw RockAuto had some on wholesale clearance for $32 each. A friend needed one also so I ordered 3. When they showed up we installed one and it didn’t work, one of them had indications at the mounting holes that it had been previously installed. The other two didn’t work either, then we swapped in our known good one we already had to prove the generator was ok.
Submitted an online claim to Rockauto and they ask do you want a refund or store credit? I chose store credit and within an hour of submission, they had credited me the cost of the faulty parts and said not to bother returning them. It’s the first time I’ve had an issue with their parts over several years now of orders. I thought their customer service was just fine.

Return to “Suppliers, Vendors, Feedback, & Part Cross Reference”