1972 Mark IV color combination

Details such as correct colors, plating material, inspection marks, orientation, and even the number of wipes that should occur for a vacuum-powered windshield wiper system after pushing the "wash" button.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Bill Prince
Dedicated Enthusiast

1972 Mark IV color combination

Post by Bill Prince »

Was a black bodied car and black vinyl top offered from the factory with the dark green interior?
Thanks,
Bill

1961 Lincoln Continental Convertible (White/Blue), 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan (White/Blue - 37K miles), 1972 Mark IV (Pastel Lime/Green). See photos of my cars at Cardomain.com - search for gormanwpjr
linc64
TLFer for Life

Re: 1972 Mark IV color combination

Post by linc64 »

You MIGHT find your answer in the 1972 Color and Upholstery Book. Seen here: https://www.lincolnlandinc.com/browsePr ... tegory~762
I would think that there would be no reason why one like that couldn't be ordered.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 1972 Mark IV color combination

Post by LithiumCobalt »

If it wasn’t available as standard, someone could have special ordered just about whatever combo they liked back in those days. The interior “harmonizer” made suggestions on what combinations would coordinate well with each other, but that didn’t prevent someone from ordering whatever oddball combination that they wanted. Black with green interior doesn’t seem off the wall, to me.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham