63 dash

Details such as correct colors, plating material, inspection marks, orientation, and even the number of wipes that should occur for a vacuum-powered windshield wiper system after pushing the "wash" button.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: 63 dash

Post by bd94s10 »

The chrome wasn't great on this dash and I didn't spend a lot of time trying to polish it, yet, but gives you an idea of how dirty it was some sitting in Texas and then at my house a few years.

ImageUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15059 by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

ImageUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15040 by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

ImageUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1504a by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

ImageUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1505a by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

ImageUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15041 by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

ImageUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15056 by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

ImageUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15034 by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

ImagepwPejQEKQpKJJDGnXrFzkA_thumb_15031 by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

ImageTsEnQFFiSzCPuR1pun22kw_thumb_15052 by Jason Ballard, on Flickr
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by defrang »

I look forward to Theresa's solution. I have thought about the Zack solution previously but the chrome horizontal lines have sides and I expected it would be impossible not to smear the black lines while trying to take black color off the chrome. I wonder what Nathan Wilson does. I think he has YouTubed himself into the Mt Rushmore of 1960's Lincolns Hall of Fame right beside Rich Liana, Cashman, Brewer, Szwarc, etc....( probably missed some. maybe you with the new podcast and Lyman? in the future) If you have Nathan on the podcast, I don't think there is enough time to ask him the many questions that he hasn't answered on his YouTube channel.
Robert DeFrang
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Very true! I spoke to Theresa earlier and forgot to ask her. I'm guessing she is going to say with a paint brush. The just finished a restoration on a '64 that was picked up this week. Took years! I was also on with Nathan Wilson earlier asking for his feedback on something. I didn't think to ask him. Def a good topic to include such as detailing, restoring including finish work on the interior, etc. My Mother loves to paint and it really good with a paintbrush painting interior trim with no "painters tape" but with her carpal tunnel as of late she hasn't been able to do much. She would be great at painting the dash I'd imagine lol.