Updated: '61-63 Authenticity manual: Ready for order!

Details such as correct colors, plating material, inspection marks, orientation, and even the number of wipes that should occur for a vacuum-powered windshield wiper system after pushing the "wash" button.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Updated: '61-63 Authenticity manual: Ready for order!

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Such is the power of Cody.

Please prepare an amendment with the proper documentation so it can be voted on at the 2010 winter meeting.
61 BLACK CONTI

Post by 61 BLACK CONTI »

I am in the process of doing a rotisserie restoration on my 1961 lincoln convertible and this manual comes at as good news at a good time . I'm just wondering what exactly it covers. Example ; corect primer color for the under body , factory markings , options , etc ...... Also how would I order one ?
Ivan
61 covertible lincoln
69 camaro ss rs
1970 riviera
1971 riviera gs
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

It covers a lot of appearance items, but is not guaranteed to have everything.

To order one, visit this page and scroll to the bottom:
http://lcoc.org/Authenticity.htm
Jordan31gaw
Occasional Visitor

Post by Jordan31gaw »

hello all lincoln lovers.... i ordered an authenticity manual about three weeks ago. Sent the money order to charlie blais. I have yet to receive the manual for my 61 vert. Anyone know how long it takes to get? do i contact charlie or someone else for the manual? thanks for any input... jordan
Jordan S..61 LCC
63 lincoln sedan
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

If you are a club member and you have your directory, give Charlie Blais a call.
bnorwood
Frequent Contributor

Post by bnorwood »

Jordan31gaw wrote:hello all lincoln lovers.... i ordered an authenticity manual about three weeks ago. Sent the money order to charlie blais. I have yet to receive the manual for my 61 vert. Anyone know how long it takes to get? do i contact charlie or someone else for the manual? thanks for any input... jordan

Jordan,

I wouldn't worry yet; I got my authenticity manual about 8 months ago, so I can't remember exactly how long it took to arrive, but I'm pretty sure it was more like 6-8 weeks from when I sent my check in to when it arrived. It took WAY longer than that for the thing to get completed. I joined LCOC in 2001 after I got my project car; at that time, it was supposed to be released in the fall (of 2001). It finally arrived early in 2009, so again, I wouldn't worry about the wait you're having right now - it could be way worse!

However, I will say that I don't think you'll be disappointed with this manual. It has already been very useful to me, even though I am not making a show car per se.

Good luck!

Brad
Brad Norwood
Owner of Maggie
'62 LC convertible in ICU...but improving!!
Jordan31gaw
Occasional Visitor

Post by Jordan31gaw »

Hello to all the lincoln lovers...just a quick question. Im trying to get an authenticity manual for my 61 convertible. I have sent in the money order to charles blais over a month ago, and no manual has showed up. I called him and he got back to me over a week ago and said it was on its way. Hmmm A week later I still dont see it and Im not getting a response back from charles. Nothing against charles or anyone else involved , but I would like the manual that I paid for. Any suggestions on how to get one or get this thing resolved? Im just trying to get this car back together :smt009
Jordan S..61 LCC
63 lincoln sedan
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

If he sent it media mail, give it two weeks.
Bill Prince
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Bill Prince »

Dan,
I don't think I noticed the difference between the 1961 vs 1962-63 convertible's second (maybe third as well) top bow height, listed in the authenticity manual - unless I missed it. The 1961's top was more bowed up in the center, sort of bubbletop looking, which I always liked since it contrasted with the horizontal lines of the body. The 1962-63's top was more flat to mimic the sedan. I believe that this change was mentioned in the 1962 new car literature.
Thanks,
Bill

1961 Lincoln Continental Convertible (White/Blue), 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan (White/Blue - 37K miles), 1972 Mark IV (Pastel Lime/Green). See photos of my cars at Cardomain.com - search for gormanwpjr
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

There could be mistakes in the manual. I haven't read it and unfortunately, I wouldn't know what is right and wrong.
Bill Prince
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Bill Prince »

I think I am correct. I remember noticing the difference in the mid 1960s when in High School. I liked the bubbled up look of the 1961s beter than the flat look of the '62-'63s. If you look close at side view photos of '61s vs '62-'63s, you will see the difference. It would be interesting to measure the top bow of two cars side be side and/or to find out exactly what was changed to alter the look. I sort of thought this was general knowledge, but mabe not.
Thanks,
Bill

1961 Lincoln Continental Convertible (White/Blue), 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan (White/Blue - 37K miles), 1972 Mark IV (Pastel Lime/Green). See photos of my cars at Cardomain.com - search for gormanwpjr
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Hey, Bill. Please register and post your authenticity questions, comments or complaints on the LCOC forum, The Continental Corner.

Don't expect a big response. The club is still learning how to use the forum for communication.
joeinbcs
Lincoln Maniac

Post by joeinbcs »

Anybody know if Charlie Blais is still doing this?
I sent a check with my request for a manual a couple of months ago and still nothing.
I called his number from the Directory, and left a message, but no response???
Joe Northrop, College Station, TX
1956 Continental Mark II, C56G3159,Black/Black Bolsters and Welting, Deep Red Leather Biscuits, 460, C6, Disk Brakes
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I think his email is published in the directory. Try that. Otherwise, Charlie could be out of town, but two months is a bit long. Please be patient. You can try calling our President, Mr. Kramer, and maybe he can call Charlie with a "nudge".
Bill Prince
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Bill Prince »

A quick note:
I finally measured the height of a 1963 convertible top so as to compare it to my 1961.

I held a straight edge under the top side rails (drivers side to passenger side) and right under the first top bow back from the header. I measured from the top of the straight edge to the bottom of the bow.

Results:

1961 measured 6 inches

1963 measured 5 1/4 inches (the 1962 will also be 5 1/4 inches)

Hence, the 1961 tops are 3/4 inches taller at the first bow than the 1962-63.
(second bow back is the same for the 3 yrs)
Thanks,
Bill