Midwest Region Fall Event

This is the public area for the Mid-West Region. TheLincolnForum.Net encourages potential and current members of the LCOC who are members of the region and other nearby areas to discuss any publicly appropriate topics here.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

JonW
Lincoln Maniac

Midwest Region Fall Event

Post by JonW »

The 16th Annual Route 66 Mother Road Festival takes place in historic downtown Springfield, IL, Sept. 22 – 24, 2017.

On Friday night, Jerry Seibert and his firm will be hosting a Route 66 preview party with collector cars on display. Midwest Region members are invited to attend. Attendees will be invited to participate in this non-judged event with no registration fee. Complimentary burgers, brats, BBQ sandwiches and side dishes will be served, along with soft drinks, beer and wine. Over the years this has become a fun, relaxing way to kick off the Festival weekend.

Details on hotel room options, area attractions, directions and registration will be provided as the time gets closer.
For more information on the Festival itself, you can go to their website at http://www.familyevents.com and click on the Route 66 Festival logo. You may register your car for show or just come and observe the 1200 cars on display.

Midwest Region Director Jon Wessel has attended this show in the past and reports that it’s a great show, with a laid-back atmosphere and gorgeous cars lining the streets of downtown Springfield.

For more information on the preview party, email Jerry at gerald.seibert@clearway-wealth.com.
1962 Continental resto-mod
Yeah, it's got a Hemi
1979 Mark V 1 of 1
Triple Turquoise
1979 Mark V Bill Blass Edition
wmaloney
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midwest Region Fall Event

Post by wmaloney »

I can vouch for this event as I was there two years ago. Tons of cars with good variety. Downtown Springfield is historic and quaint, and the cars are all parked over multiple blocks, yet easily walkable. Unfortunately I cannot attend this year though.
Bill Maloney
1963 LC Convertible
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet

Return to “Mid-West Region - Public Area”