I got an interesting comment on one of my Youtube videos

This sub-forum is for discussion of very general discussion of 1980-89 Town Cars that is not suitable to the other specific sub-forums asking for advice.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Forum rules
This sub-forum is for discussion of very general discussion of 1980-89 Town Cars that is not suitable to the other specific sub-forums asking for advice.
89Town_Car

I got an interesting comment on one of my Youtube videos

Post by 89Town_Car »

I got a cool and interesting comment on one of my Youtube videos from a person in Uruguay.
hi josh, beautifull shape is that lincoln, i happy to see your video, im from uruguay south america, im now here very near of the border from brazil, i got a 1987 lincoln town car, stock 302 v8. i just arrived an hour ago, 330 hundred miles trip, in the car.It has 738 thousend miles, still runs great, no burning oil, almost lack of mantiniance, i went to rio de janeiro on tha car, and was my home on that trip for 2 months, confortable bed at back seat to strech and sleep. I use it every day, motor is great, body its really rusty.and the hood tied with a rope. I never really took care of it, just gas pedal and rocknroll. This cars never die, never, strong and solid. you can check it in my videos of youtube, here in uruguay we got a bunch of north american cars that they came brand new back in the sixties, and I own 3 more US old cars, was really nice to enjoy watching your video of your beautifull car, I went to Tampa FL. a couple of months ago and bought there an 89 townnie . tear it in parts and ship it to uruguay, to restore my lincoln, thanks for posting your video, hope I will hear from you josh!! sorry of my english .abrazo grande y suerte!!!!!!
I actually got it a week ago but I just now thought about sharing it with you guys. I sent a reply but haven't heard back.
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: I got an interesting comment on one of my Youtube videos

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Doubtful. Those LOPO 5.0s get low oil pressure after about 150k.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
89Town_Car

Re: I got an interesting comment on one of my Youtube videos

Post by 89Town_Car »

I'm guessing it's not the original engine.