Upcoming Outage Dec 2021

Check here for the latest information about this forum, its policies, rules, changes, backup schedule, features, etc.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Upcoming Outage Dec 2021

Post by Dan Szwarc »

From our host:
Dear Valued Customer,

Earlier this summer, we announced that we were making investments to improve the security and uptime of our hosting services, introduce new products, and improve our service levels.

Since that announcement, we have hired additional customer support agents to provide wider coverage in our tech support channels and will continue to add more.

In the coming months, we are excited to be sharing with you the first of many new products and services that will be available to you to help your business get found and acquire more customers online.

To support these ongoing initiatives, we will be doing a planned migration of your server(s).

This migration involves moving to servers in our ColoCrossing Data Center located in Buffalo, NY.

The server migration is scheduled to take place on, Saturday, December 18th into Sunday, December 19th, 2021.

Due to the complex nature of this migration, we expect 12 - 18 hours of downtime between the hours of 3:00 pm EST Saturday and 6:00 am EST on Sunday.

Your IP addresses will remain unchanged as we will be transferring those as the hardware is being moved.

All existing data center policies, processes, procedures, and security controls will remain in-place and are unaffected by this migration.

Please plan for this migration and associated downtime accordingly.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

The MacHighway Team
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Outage Dec18-19 or more

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Dear Valued Customer,

A migration notice was sent to you on December 7th.

This is a reminder that the server migration is scheduled to take place on, Saturday, December 18th into Sunday, December 19th, 2021.

Due to the complex nature of this migration, we expect 12 - 18 hours of downtime between the hours of 3:00 pm EST Saturday and 6:00 am EST on Sunday.

Your IP addresses will remain unchanged as we will be transferring those as the hardware is being moved.

All existing data center policies, processes, procedures, and security controls will remain in-place and are unaffected by this migration.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

The MacHighway Team
I may work on forum software updates this year. I may not. It's not my expertise.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Outage Dec18-19 or more

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Dear Valued Customer,

A migration notice was sent to you on December 7th.

This is a reminder that the server migration is scheduled to take place on, Saturday, December 18th into Sunday, December 19th, 2021.

The MacHighway Team
I may work on forum software updates this year. I may not. It's not my expertise.
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: Upcoming Outage

Post by TonyC »

I just saw this. Good thing I did, or I would have been wondering WTH was going on. Now I know, so no need to freak out over the next two days. See you on the other side of Monday! :smt006

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Starts at 3PM EST today! I may just the forum down just so everyone can see its closed before it's unreachable (503 or whatever fault it's going to be).

Then I'll reactivate when it's back online. It prevents weird shit from happening.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

That seemed to go smoothly.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

For the record, this move was the beginning of the end for my hosting with this company. We are moved to a new host.
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

I hope this move increases the forum traffic again. I don't want to jinx things but everything has been instant since the change and I much prefer forums over facebook.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Upcoming Outage Dec 2021

Post by rick »

Let's face it, for my general purposes, the Facebook site sucks. During the 3 months I've been a member, I've not had one meaningful exchange nor have I gleaned any useful information from either of the Facebook pages that I joined. I do believe that traffic will pick up here soon, as I too have noticed that traffic is down since the outage. It's amazing how much of an effect even a short term interruption caused. But the Forum is just too good for it not to attract more traffic soon.

Forums in my view work better for those who are searching for and/or exchanging information. It's the same thing with the Boat that I own. I belong to both Trojan Boat Forum and the Trojan Boat Facebook page. The Facebook page attracts a certain type of person who is more interested in surfing through photos and generally doesn't even own an actual Trojan boat nor do many of the slab-side Facebook members own an actual Lincoln automobile. Both style of sites have their own following.
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator

Return to “Forum Information & Rules”