Neat concept cars

Discuss automotive and auto-industry-related items here. Non-Auto topics are not permitted.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Neat concept cars

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Here's a PDF someone sent me of some concept cars. You may have seen this before, but it's still cool. I think I've seen one or two either in museums or at an auction.
Attachments
Cars Not Seen Before.pdf
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 89 times
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Neat concept cars

Post by rick »

Cool checking out those early designer results.

Anyone else see a resemblance with the Bentleys of the seventies and the '53 Cadillac Ghia or '52 Chrysler Elegance?

That DeSoto reminded me of those Lancia's that are selling for big money on the BAT Auction site.

In my view, that Packard Predictor was a hurtin' machine with seemingly a body part stolen from every other car on the market :grin:

Rick
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I see some Mk II in the 52 Chrysler d'elegance...even a bit of their 300 series now. Wayne
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Too bad they didn't include the Aurora. With most of those crazy looks listed, I'd have thought somebody would have included a shot of the Aurora when it was still fresh.

And I'm not referring to the '90s model Oldsmobile used to offer. I mean the one-off concept car designed and built in 1958 by a Catholic priest by the name of Father Alfred A. Juliano, as an experimental foray into improving safety of vehicle design in the pre-Ralph-Nader days.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

Return to “Misc. Automotive Discussion”