Introduction: Mark III Owners

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Introduction: Mark III Owners

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Please don't use photobucket (I can't access it from all places so pics won't load).

Use the file attachment feature of the forum so the pictures are not lost when your account is deleted or the user decides to quit. The pics don't need to be too huge, just keep them below 2048 in either dimension and 2MB in filesize.

Try to keep the pictures as organized as possible. Use a separate thread for each picture set.
Radiator Caps could be a single thread. By committee, oddball caps can be eliminated as "original". Other items will be for simple documentation of features or designs by model year, assembly date, etc.
continentalguy
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by continentalguy »

No problem. So, you just want them posted directly to the forum?
-Allan

'54 Lincoln Capri Sport Coupe, '56 Continental Mark II, '61 Lincoln Continental Convertible,
'62 Lincoln Continental Sedan, '70 Lincoln Mark III, '72 Lincoln Mark IV, '17 Lincoln MKC
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Yes. It's one-stop shopping for compiling the pics when someone puts together the manual.
gascfp

Post by gascfp »

I have had several 1970-71 Mark III's and currently have two '70 Mark III's. An authenticity manual for each year would be very helpful for restoration and judging purposes. LCOC members who have been very helpful to me regarding Mark III restorations, and would be very knowledgeable for writing a manual, are Chris Dunn, Al Shedlock, Earl Brown and Jerry Capizzi. There would certainly be many others, including vendors like Marti Autoworks, who are licensed by Ford to make reproduction parts. Hopefully documentation of all factory items could be compiled. Where do we go from here?
continentalguy
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by continentalguy »

Welcome gascfp! Would you be willing to contact these individuals and see if they might be willing to add to the manual? I am not sure but I am thinking maybe compiling photos would be a good step in the right direction.
-Allan

'54 Lincoln Capri Sport Coupe, '56 Continental Mark II, '61 Lincoln Continental Convertible,
'62 Lincoln Continental Sedan, '70 Lincoln Mark III, '72 Lincoln Mark IV, '17 Lincoln MKC
gascfp

Post by gascfp »

I'll talk to Chris Dunn about it this weekend in Tulsa at the LCOC meet. A photo album is a great idea.
continentalguy
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by continentalguy »

gascfp wrote:I'll talk to Chris Dunn about it this weekend in Tulsa at the LCOC meet. A photo album is a great idea.

Did you get a chance to talk to Chris Dunn?
-Allan

gascfp

Post by gascfp »

Ended up being asked to judge on Saturday and Chris had left before I was done. I'll follow up with him next week.
JG84

Post by JG84 »

68 MARK III
continentalguy
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by continentalguy »

Welcome aboard JG84!! You should put up an introduction post of yourself and your car. Everyone would love to see pictures. You own one of the greatest Lincolns IMHO (but I am slightly biased). :)
-Allan

continentalguy
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by continentalguy »

Hey everyone,

It has been awhile since we talked on the subject of creating a Mark III Authenticity Manual. I would really love to get the ball rolling. Do you all have access to an example of an LCOC authenticity manual? I have a 1961-63 manual that I will be taking as an example. I am hoping I can start putting together some text. Who would like to be on the distribution list for the text? If so, you can just PM me your email. As far as pictures go, if you have some that you know would be helpful, post them on here as a separate thread. I am hoping I can get pictures of my car soon, but my fingers might freeze off.

It might be neat to also have a picture of as many of the different interior color options as possible (leather and cloth inserts).
-Allan

hreniger

Post by hreniger »

Just found this - I have a '71 Mark III - since 1997, and would welcome comments and information. It was not completely stock when I acquired it, and has its share of gremlins...

H
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

Just found this area.

I have a '70 as well. Much of it has been altered. Little by little I am putting the ride back to original. Most items the general population would never understand. My wife thinks I have screws loose. I keep telling her they may be loose however those screws need to be the correct length, color or coating.

Oh, for what it's worth, my '70 was scheduled in Wixom for a March 1970. So it is a later built 1970 model.

>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Photobucket will eventually block you from sharing unless you pay. I'd prefer it be stored on the forum's server, but I have file size limitations.

I think it's also good if you make a thread for each specific area or item. You certainly don't want one giant thread with all the pics.

How about imgur.com?
markedman

Post by markedman »

Hi All,
Newb here. I've got a '70 MK III, currently (slowly) being re-done. The grunt work is done, but the vacuum system has continued to give me fits.
I do have wiring and vacuum diags. for the '70 III available as a PDF for anyone who might be needing them. I'll hunt up a couple of pics. :)

Return to “1969-71 Mark III Authenticity Manual”