Build Sheets

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

elcad70
Dedicated Enthusiast

Build Sheets

Post by elcad70 »

Mine is a 1970 Mark III

I guess a good place to start the authentication process would be the build sheet?
Build Sheet1970 .jpg
I found one tucked into the springs of the rear seat back rest and the other behind the metal panel on the back of the drivers seat.
1970 Mark III Lincoln
Maurice
Frequent Contributor

Re: Build Sheets

Post by Maurice »

Here's mine.
I didn't know that there's also a building sheet in the back of the drivers seat. I'll try to find that one today.

Continental Mark III 1970
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Build Sheets

Post by Dan Szwarc »

For the purpose of easier reading and tracking, can you break your build sheet categories and designation down and type them out, plus add what the car has on it for comparison or determination?

Example:
Engine, Tag Number: 875 A
Engine, Code: A
Engine, Emissions Control ??: X

Did you find the tag? Does it match? Does the shop manual have anything about this 875 code?
I know A means 460 (same as in the VIN). That A in the tag number and the engine code is probably the same A as the 460, so there's some redundancy going on unless another Mark III owners has an engine tag with a different letter, but the same engine code.

Emissions control: X is just a check mark. Is it a California car? It will have PCV, But does it have an air pump (don't call it a smog pump, please)?

Break this down for the other codes and eventually, with enough cars, we might be able to figure out the codes and what they really mean.

Return to “1969-71 Mark III Authenticity Manual”