Car Cover for ‘63 LCC ?

Post your cleaning and detailing techniques, questions, product recommendations, etc. in this sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Car Cover for ‘63 LCC ?

Post by mge825y »

I need a new cover for my ‘63 Lincoln Continental convertible. it’s mostly garage kept but might spend the occasional night outside. I’m not shopping for the cheapest one. What I want is a really good one that fits well and won’t hold dust and dirt that can mar my cars new finish. Just curious if anyone has purchased one and has any suggestions?
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Car Cover for ‘63 LCC ?

Post by papawayne »

California car covers are good quality and they fit. For this reason, they are not cheap. Before they send you one, they will ask all kinds of questions relating to why you want a cover. They imply that they ask you these questions so that they can send you the one that matches your needs. Wayne
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

Thanks for the recommendation Wayne - I’ll check them out.
Mark in Charlotte
LC67Vert
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LC67Vert »

I use a cover from California Car Covers on my '67 Lincoln and while it was more expensive than some others I am very happy with it.
Jeff
1967 Lincoln Continental Convertible
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

LC67Vert wrote:I use a cover from California Car Covers on my '67 Lincoln and while it was more expensive than some others I am very happy with it.
Thanks for intel Jeff - I sent California Car covers a note asking for more detail on the 3 fabric options they offer.
Mark in Charlotte
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

Well - After I started researching covers a year ago, life got busy and distracted me. But, I'm back on the hunt and am trying to decide which California Car Cover to purchase.

My Lincoln is garage kept. It's a convertible. I'm looking for something fairly lightweight and easy to handle that can help keep the dust off and doesn't take up a lot of space to store when not on the car.

When I look at the different types of custom fit California Car covers for cars stored indoors, they have:
a) Customweave
b) Plushweave
c) Dust Force
d) Softweave

Does anyone have any experience with any of these California Car coverss and have any intel (pro or con) to share?

Thanks!
Mark in Charlotte
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

Well, I didn't hear from anyone so had to make the best decision I could with the information on hand. Since my car is garage-kept, I went with option (c) Dust Force.

I learned that If you insure your car through Hagerty, and you place your California Car Cover order by phone, they will give you a 10% discount. Mine arrives in a couple of weeks. Will be so glad to have it instead of heavy bulky generic cover I bought off of eBay in 2018 for $50.
Mark in Charlotte