New to the forum

Post your cleaning and detailing techniques, questions, product recommendations, etc. in this sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

lethereat

New to the forum

Post by lethereat »

Hey Everyone just wanted to say what a great forum. I am purchased a 1966 Lincoln Convertable in july. Its my first classic car and I am in love.... I own a boat dealership here in Maryland so I have used a couple products from the marine world that I wanted to share.
Woody wax for all metal on your car. It protects the metal from everything. We used it on our Boats and there is nothing like it.
303 Aerospace protectant anything plastic or vinyl it has uv protection and does not leave that nasty oil look.
Plexus for windows and anything with clear hard or soft plastic.
Yamaha Ring Free (not a cleaner but I will post it anyway) This stuff is magic, it is a decarbonizer/deposit cleaner. I ran this in my 1966 that had been sitting and it made a world of difference.

I used Leather Honey on my interior does anyone have anything better? I think its great but it does not last that long.

Anyway thanks and if you have any questions on these items please let me know. I can also get this stuff alot less expensive than pretty much anyone.
Thanks
Walter George
1966 Lincoln
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: New to the forum

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Welcome!

Where in MD are you? Also, can you post a picture of your 66?
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

Welcome, Walter! I have a '66 too. What's the VIN on yours?
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
lethereat

Post by lethereat »

I live in grasonville maryland. I bougot her this July and have already put 4k miles. I have a dealership in chester maryland and in ocean city. It has become my beach cruiser. Vin is 6Y86G448984
Attachments
IMG_20161028_121817.jpg
lethereat

Post by lethereat »

Here are more pictures. It was owned by one family then he passed an it was basically given to a friend of the family. He kept it for a couple months and then decided to sell it because it was taking time away from another project. The car is original except the paint from what I know. The family had taken her to NYC in the late 60s and it was vandalized so it was painted quickly I believe during the trip. I added the wide whites because I love the look. I have a ton of questions as this is my first classic car. I also attached a picture of what I sell. I LOVE HP.
I will trade boat knowledge for car knowledge any time.
Walter
Attachments
20161010_112351.jpg
20160708_204112.jpg
20161003_184541.jpg
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

Wonderful! I have a '66 too, also my first collectable car. I spent many happy times in Ocean City. All the best to you. You'll find everything you need here at the Forum and hopefully will consider joining the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club, too. You have a beautiful car.
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"