New ArmorAll product in Lincoln Museum opening dity bag

Post your cleaning and detailing techniques, questions, product recommendations, etc. in this sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

New ArmorAll product in Lincoln Museum opening dity bag

Post by navguy12 »

Guys,

I just tried this product that was inside the ditty bag for the opening weekend on the Lincoln Museum in Gilmore:
DSC06974.JPG
Product goes a long way, I used very little of the sample to do a small car, so the sample will do a Lincoln.

I'll let you know how it holds up to the weather, but no white powder to mess up black trim and it goes on easy.

Cheers

Mike
Mike Stortini
1985 Cartier Town Car Sold 10 Nov 2013
1977 Lincoln Continental Sold 27 April 2012
Batawa Ontario
MMM
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: New ArmorAll product in Lincoln Museum opening dity bag

Post by MMM »

Is that like a light spray wax, Mike? I've been really happy with this stuff, if so - One Grand Show Off:

http://store.carcareonline.com/onegrand ... spray.aspx
navguy12
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by navguy12 »

Martin,
Is that like a light spray wax, Mike?
No, its more like (as the link below contains) "Rain-X for paint" and is in the form of a thick type of axle grease.

http://www.amazon.com/ArmorAll-Extreme- ... B009ZWE1F4

I must say it does bead the water off really well and there is NO white residue on any black trim.

I'm still trying to assess how long the first application will last (still beads up with washing).

The only unusual trait: there is no typical "buttery wax feel".
Mike Stortini
1985 Cartier Town Car Sold 10 Nov 2013
1977 Lincoln Continental Sold 27 April 2012
Batawa Ontario
1973 Mark IV Fanatic
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1973 Mark IV Fanatic »

This sounds like it would be a good product to use on a show car, but for a daily driver, I prefer a product that does not cause water to bead up. The Meguiars products I use make the water sheet off of the finish, so I don't have to worry so much about water spots. I must admit that there is something very gratifying about seeing the water bead up on the car when you wash it, like you can SEE the protection the wax is providing. I have become accustomed to the sheeting action of the Meguiars products, though, and I know my cars still have good protection from the elements. I generally use Meguiars #26 liquid yellow wax or the cleaner/wax in the red bottle.
Jim Weller 1986 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition, 1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series, 2000 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition.