Clay bar?

Post your cleaning and detailing techniques, questions, product recommendations, etc. in this sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Joe Nemec
Addicted to Lincolns

Clay bar?

Post by Joe Nemec »

Clay bar before wax, good or bad?
'76 Mark IV
Previously owned:
'70 Continental coupe
'71 Mark III
'73 Mark IV
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Clay bar?

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Good. After wax: wasteful
2sasilverbullet
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by 2sasilverbullet »

Dan Szwarc wrote:Good. After wax: wasteful
+1
No Lincoln currently...
1973 Mark IV Fanatic
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1973 Mark IV Fanatic »

Friend Joe: If you have never used a clay bar before, you will be amazed at what the process will do for the finish of your Mark IV. Your car is damn nice to begin with, but the clay bar, a polish and a wax job will make your finish gleam like you wouldn't believe! You will wonder how you ever did without it, and it is a pleasure to use. It will make your polish and wax applications go much quicker and easier as well. If it has been a while since your last wax job, I highly reccommend that you clay your car; even if you think it doesn't need it, you will be surprised at the amount of "junk" that it will pull from your car's paint, without harming it in any way, and it will set the stage for the most spectacular end results you could ever imagine. If you haven't guessed by now, I am a HUGE fan of the clay bar.
Jim Weller 1986 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition, 1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series, 2000 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition.
Dusty Burton

Post by Dusty Burton »

Exposing my ignorance - have never heard of it - what is it? what is the process???? Dusty
Joe Nemec
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Joe Nemec »

Wow! it's been 11-years that I started this post. I can say that I have used the "Clay bar" and just about the best thing You could ever do to your paint! :grin:
'76 Mark IV
Previously owned:
'70 Continental coupe
'71 Mark III
'73 Mark IV
Ken Stevens
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Ken Stevens »

Recently purchased a Nanoskin washmitt that has been promoted as a clay bar replacement. Always a big fan of clay, but I figured, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I bought the fine vs medium texture and I must say I am a convert. The performance has been exemplary, the results have exceeded expectations and the plastic baggie test supports it. It's faster than clay and if you drop it, you rinse and proceed. With clay, you toss it.

Did the entire Lincoln in less than 15 minutes and it's great on glass and chrome too.

I have no financial relationship with Nanoskin and do not sell the product. If you live near me and want to try it, come on over. You'll drop the clay bar (no pun intended) and never look back.
Ken Stevens
61 LC Convertible
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Dusty Burton wrote:Exposing my ignorance - have never heard of it - what is it? what is the process???? Dusty
LMGTFY.

On second thought, nah.