1970-79 Continental & Town Car Auth. Sub-forum Info

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

1970-79 Continental & Town Car Auth. Sub-forum Info

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Please post your technical details regarding 1970 to 1979 Continental/Town Car/Town Coupe information in this sub-forum for a future Authenticity and Information Manual to be published by the forum.

Owners of Mark IIIs, IVs, and Vs need not post. This is ONLY for the Continentals, not the Marks.

If someone wants to start a Mark III and Mark IV Authenticity Manual, I contact me and I'll create a sub-forum for it. The LCOC already has a 1977-79 Mark V Authenticity manual available for sale.
sauceman
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: 1970-79 Continental & Town Car Auth. Sub-forum Info

Post by sauceman »

Since my 77 TC is pretty much all original I will document the complete teardown with uber photos.

Is there any particular info I should concentrate on?

cheers
Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement.

Yugoslavia '94' , Israel/Syria '99 , Bosnia '02 , Afghanistan '08-'09

My 1977 Town Car build
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 1970-79 Continental & Town Car Auth. Sub-forum Info

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Anything you think might be of worthy. A million pictures is great, especially if it shows inspection marks, decals, the wiring routing, etc. Think of the information as what someone would need to restore a car. If a bracket it completely rusty with no signs of the original color, but when you unbolt it you find paint under the bolts or under the bracket indicating the original color, that's useful info.

Original clamps and labels are very important!

Try to identify non-obvious items by their original color, etc. Things should be noted as gloss or satin, painted or natural (unpainted brackets rust very quickly), plated in blue zinc, black zinc, cadmium, zinc dichromate, etc. Pay attention to the symbols on bolt heads, especially if they are easily spotted in the engine bay.

This kind of detail is insane, but worthy of documenting.

Return to “1970-79 Continental Authenticity Manual”