Page 9: Need Real Pics of Front Ends of 66 thru 69s

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

ekm330
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Page 9: Need Real Pics of Front Ends of 66 thru 69s

Post by ekm330 »

RMAENV wrote:lol ekm.. Funny you mentioned the Ford Logo in the headlight. I just noticed the other day that the high beam on the passenger side on mine might be an original as I noticed the Ford logo on the headlight. My car has 50,500 miles.
When I bought my car, both of my high beam lamps had the etched FoMoCo logos, but one of the low beams lacked the logo. Recently, I have found a low beam etched FoMoCo lamp and installed it. Now, all four headlamps bear the etched FoMoCo logo. Most would never notice the headlights, but I know that the logos are there and these little things make me happy :smt004
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: Page 9: Need Real Pics of Front Ends of 66 thru 69s

Post by TonyC »

I realize this is 8 years out of discussion, but I do want to chime in about one subtle difference between the '66 and '67 grilles. We all know that '67 has more horizontal bars (12, as opposed to 9 in the '66 grille), and the vertical ones are also made to show more prominently...however, there is something else. If you examine the side-views of the respective grilles closely, you will notice that the '67 grille was designed with a slight convex curvature to it, which made the central area jut out just a bit more than the edges, whereas the '66 grill is straight. The straight-vs.-curved profile also applies to the headlight frames of the respective grilles. It's not something that is immediately noticeable, especially from straight-front views, but it's there.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

Return to “1966-69 LCOC Authenticity Manual Update”