Lincoln Parts Suppliers: AKA The Usual Suspects

Engine, fuel system, cooling system, heating, carburetors, exhaust, transmission, wheels, and other items related to the moving the car.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Don Rush

Re: Lincoln Parts Suppliers: AKA The Usual Suspects

Post by Don Rush »

I would like to nominate the company I work for, West Coast Classic Cougar. We are the only ones in the world who completely rebuild headlight vacuum actuators and give a lifetime warranty. We also reproduce several other items that fit both the Cougar and Lincoln.
CMP-Phil
Lincoln Maniac

Expanding your parts search

Post by CMP-Phil »

Hi All

NAPA as a parts source- Just because their computer system doesn't list your Lincoln doesn't mean they don't have the part.

As I have been working on my 49 Lincoln Cosmopolitan I have been keeping a note book listing all of the parts I need to find. Well today I was checking the front brake assemblies to figure out what I need. To start with I pulled down all 5 of my old NAPA master brake parts catalogs(ranging from 1988 to 2010), as I went through them too see what I could find in the applications section under Lincoln a couple of things came out first that a lot of the brake and wheel bearings were used in a number of years not uncommon to see 49-60. The next thing that came clear was the individual catalogs are all incomplete not listing all of the parts but from the five of them I came up with NAPA part numbers for almost all of the brake parts accept following master cylinder, brake drums, and brake shoes.

The next step was to sit down and go on-line to see how many of the parts numbers were good and again all the parts numbers are still good in the system. Now there are two ways of accessing NAPA's system one is as a regular customer http://www.napaonline.com the other is to setup an garage account which means setting up a PROLink account which the store will have to set up for you. Advantages of the ProLink are a couple one you can order parts into your local store, the other is that the PROLink page lets you search in different ways. One strange aspect of PROLink which is very similar to what the guy behind the counter at the store has is that it is not foolproof for example punch in all the information for 1949 Lincoln Cosmopolitan and the system can find any parts. But if you have the part number it will find it and then when you look at the part screen it has an Buyers Guide button when you click on that it gives you a list of all vehicles using that part and low and behold when you go in that way it actually lists 1949 Lincoln Cosmopolitan along with all the other Lincolns that part fits.

Other advantage of PROLink is that you can do a general search on a word like brake cylinder and it will give you pictures of all brake cylinders and you can narrow that down by putting in Lincoln or some other make. Then look at the pictures to narrow your search and get more information on by doing this I found one of the rear cylinders that was not listed.

But in looking to post thread on searching for parts I tried just going into Napa's consumer search site http://www.napaonline.com and it was different from the ProLink and dam if it did find parts that the ProLink search missed.

Moral of the story, just because the guy behind the counter says your out of luck they don't have the part you want, look for the back door into search their system.

Some of the odd parts that I found this way all of the front and rear axle bearings and seals, including all the ring and pinion bears.

Cheers Phil
Philip Waterman, New Hampshire
Cosmopolitan Town Sedan - Being restored1949 Lincoln web page
My Restoration Web Page
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by ReijerLincoln »

That's a good tip, Phil. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.
1964 Lincoln Continental sedan

http://bigfancycar.blogspot.nl/
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

RockAuto has a nice feature when you click on the part number of any item where it lists ALL the cars the part also fits. However, sometimes the parts aren't listed for your car to begin with.

It's always good to refer to your MPCs for multiple-year compatibility and cross-refence them.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I added http://classicexhaustinc.com/. Apparently they have 70s exhaust systems.
911dz9r
No Longer With Us

Post by 911dz9r »

Hi, My company is called Anziano's, I own a Restoration shop in Santa Ana, Ca. My name is Bob Anziano. I am a proud owner of a 1962 Lincoln Continental Convertible.
I started restoring Lincoln's a few years ago, My biggest problem with Lincoln Convertibles was Finding a GOOD set of Roof Rail Seal Weatherstripping worth putting on MY customers Convertible. The Usual Suspects were looking too.
I saw a need to get involved with the NEEDS of a Quality Roof Rail Seal Weatherstripping .
I now have committed my self and my company to make a few Quality products for your Lincoln Continental.

I manufacture a few parts for the 1961 thru 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertibles.
My Parts are made in the USA.By me and supervised by me.
ROOF RAIL SEAL Weatherstripping set for 1961-1962-1963-1964-1965 Lincoln Continental Convertibles Only.
Transmission Mounts for 1961 thru1968 Lincoln Continentals both Sedan and Convertibles,Remanufactured (China).
Fiberglass Trunk Lids for 1961-1962 Lincoln Continental Sedan and Convertibles.
Fiberglass Trunk Lids for 1964-1965 Lincoln Continental Sedan And Convertibles.
Wood Dash kits for 1961-1963 Lincoln Continentals.
THANK YOU
If you need more information on my products, Please call me Bob Anziano 714-979-7040
ANZIANO,S
2141 S. Wright St.
Santa Ana,Ca. 92705 email anzianos2@earthlink.net
Admin: Bob passed on 14 Feb 2014. May he rest in peace. Information here.
mr.niftie
Frequent Contributor

Post by mr.niftie »

Has anyone found any good sources (either parts or labour) in Canada? In particular, the GTA of Ontario.
Thanks in advance for your advise.
1973 Lincoln Mark IV Silver Edition, full load
2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid RIP
"They even have the Internet for computers now."
Homer Simpson
jdraxler

Post by jdraxler »

Hi
Just wondering if I might mention myself as a supplier for the convertible relay replacement systems
check out my website........... www.tbirdranch.com then find the link for relay replacement systems

or the direct link to the lincoln page http://www.tbirdranch.com/Linconconv.html

I have been working on these convertibles for over 45 years so I am not a newcomer to them, just to the lincoln forums
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by ReijerLincoln »

Hadn't seen that before (not a convertible owner). Looks good. Does it fully replace the original hydraulic/electrical system?

jdraxler

Post by jdraxler »

it replaces all the old relays and the rubber plug connections. You keep the solonoid valves and of course the limit switches
One big advantage is that those large solenoids/relays now carry all the current for the pump motors instead of the small contacts in the small relays. That way you get all the power the pump needs to run efficiently. And the override buttons on each relay are great for trouble shooting and adjusting things.
Add that remote to this installation and it is a breeze to get your top all adjusted and working nearly flawlessly. (notice, I said.... nearly)
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by ReijerLincoln »

Came across this article in Hemmings Motor News.

http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/201 ... ure30.html
Lincoln Parts Suppliers
Feature Article from Hemmings Motor News
March, 2011 - Jim O'Clair

It has been several years since we spoke about the many Lincoln parts providers you will find within the pages of your copy of Hemmings Motor News. We felt it was time to revisit some of these contacts and update them, as some new vendors have come into the business since that article appeared in 2006. Many of these suppliers you will find listed in the "Lincoln Parts For Sale" section of the magazine; however, there are quite a few additional Lincoln parts professionals listed in the "Interchangeable Parts- FoMoCo" section, as well as "Ford Parts For Sale" and "Thunderbird Parts For Sale" sections. Still others appear in the "Books and Literature" and "Services Offered" sections.

MARK II ENTERPRISES has been a recognized Lincoln parts source for over 45 years. Mark II can supply most engine, suspension and brake items for 1949 and newer Lincolns, as well as weatherstripping, interior kits and new reproduction exhaust manifolds. Mark II also produces new taillamp lenses from their own molds. Although their focus is on the Mark II cars, their catalog also has items available for Mercury and Lincoln Continental models as new as 1979.

Many new and used items for 1956 to present Continentals, Marks and Town cars are available from LINCOLN LAND INC. Items such as jacks and wheel covers are listed in their 1956-2008 catalog, and they have recently added inventory for the new Navigators, Aviators and LS models. Their website is also a great resource for Lincoln restorers; 1965-'72 parts diagrams are shown there, with other years and models to be added in the future. Lincoln production and sales information for these years is also listed.

BAKER'S AUTO specializes in reproduction, NOS and remanufactured parts for 1961-2002 Lincolns. They have some interesting used parts available, and a few of their specialty items include engine rebuilding kits for the early 430 and 462 V-8s, as well as exhaust systems, convertible tops and transmission parts. Many other mechanical and drivetrain replacement items are also offered for all 1961 and newer Lincoln models.

Whether you need whitewall 700-15 tires for a 1948 Continental or P215/70R15 tires for your 1985 Town Car, COKER TIRE has period-correct bias-ply and radial tires to fit your classic. Both wide whitewall and blackwall tires are available matching the appearance and tread design of original tires. Coker now sells a five-year puncture warranty on all of their tires that covers road hazard punctures, bruises, cuts, damaged white sidewalls or impacts for only an additional $10/tire, and offers free mounting and balancing on the purchase of new wheels and tires.

FAXON'S AUTO LITERATURE has many original service and repair manuals for Lincolns available, as well as original sales literature and classic advertising materials. Whether you are doing major restorations or just looking for period literature about your classic Town Car, Faxon's has some interesting items available that will enhance the appeal and resale value of your aged or newer Lincoln.

One of the largest inventories of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury NOS parts can be found at GREEN SALES COMPANY. Original body, mechanical and electrical items are on hand and are easily accessible by searching for the original Ford part number on their website. Don't have a part number? They sell original parts catalogs, available on microfiche too. In addition, if you are looking for quality OE body parts, they currently stock hundreds of original fenders and quarter panels for all Ford, Mercury and Lincoln models.

A wide range of replacement parts for 1930-'86 Lincolns are available from KANTER AUTO PRODUCTS. Engine rebuilding kits and brake and suspension parts are all offered, in addition to many other mechanical items and accessories. Kanter also sells chassis paint, transmission filters, convertible tops, fuel pumps, carburetor kits and carpeting for most classic and newer Lincolns.

The LINCOLN/MERCURY OLD PARTS STORE is a great parts source for 1949-'79 Lincolns. Some of their specialties include power seat relays, switches and heater valves. The Old Parts Store has many good used, reconditioned and rebuilt items to offer, and their own Lincoln restoration service. Many hard-to-find Lincoln and Mercury emblems are listed on their website, in addition to original service manuals and dealer sales materials.

NARRAGANSETT REPRODUCTIONS offers bulk wiring and period-correct end terminals, in addition to their full line of factory-correct wiring harnesses for 1931-'74 Lincolns. Narragansett also offers wheel bearings, seals, electrical switches, service manuals and brake parts for pre-'49 Lincolns and Zephyrs. Accessory turn signal switches and extra-long jumper cables are also available in their online catalog.

For you fans of 1970s-vintage Lincolns, you can contact Frank Lerner at MARK IV DESIGNS. Frank keeps both new and used parts on hand for most models from '72-'89; however, their specialty is 1972 Mark IV cars. Rust-free sheetmetal and good used mechanical parts are offered.

AABAR'S AUTO is a Cadillac and Lincoln used-parts salvage yard that can supply fenders, grilles and bumpers for most Lincolns from 1938 right up to 2006. They currently have over 300 Lincolns they are parting out, with many good body and drivetrain parts still available.

Lincoln reproduction batteries can be purchased from RESTORATION BATTERY. Restoration sells six-volt tar-top batteries in 2H group size, with Lincoln or Zephyr logos, as well as the Ford Power Punch six-volt and 12-volt batteries that were used by Ford products in the 1950s, and the Autolite Sta-Ful batteries that were used in the 1960s. Batteries are available in conventional lead-acid or in new, maintenance-free sealed technology. All batteries are restoration correct in appearance.

BOOKS4CARS can supply you with an original repair manual as well as parts manuals, dealers' sales brochures and books about Lincolns. Their selection includes repair and maintenance manuals for specific subsystems and components, and their current inventory boasts over 800 Lincoln titles covering 1923-2003.

Pre-1948 Zephyr and Lincoln Continental enthusiasts can find many repair and restoration parts for their classics through BOOS-HERREL. They have a 35-year collection of new, used and rebuilt parts for 1936-'48 Lincolns, from stem to stern, and if they don't have what you need, they will know where to get it. Handcrafted aluminum doorsills for 1940-'48 Lincolns are one of their specialties and Boos-Herrel also offers a mechanical parts rebuilding service for engine, drivetrain and steering parts.

LINCOLN PARTS INTERNATIONAL features engine, body and suspension parts, as well as weatherstripping for Lincolns from 1958 up to the 1990s. Door shells, quarter panels, bumpers and bumper guards are available for Continental, Mark and Town Cars. They offer a body-side molding restoration service for 1977-'79 Mark V, and have many other replated and used trim pieces available for 1980 and newer models. Lincoln Parts International is a good source for 1970s Thunderbird, Cougar, Marquis and LTD rubber door and window seals, as well.

Rubber seals and weatherstripping for Lincolns can be ordered from PAT WALSH RESTORATIONS. Applications for windshield, trunk and back glass weatherstripping are shown for all 1937-'41 Zephyrs and Lincolns from 1942-'69. Seventies Mark III, IV and V soft goods are offered, as is Versailles weatherstripping. All of their products are listed in their online catalog.

CLASSIQUE CARS supplies Lincoln and Thunderbird enthusiasts with many brake and fuel systems parts, as well as exterior trim and body parts. They have many NOS items in inventory and can supply you with hard-to-find electrical switches and relays for these cars. Classique also stocks new reproduction items and good, used parts for 1958-'99 Lincolns and T-Birds and offers an appraisal service that will expertly value your completed restoration project.

Replacement Lincoln window glass is offered by CLASSIC FLAT GLASS. All replacement glass is cut from original factory patterns. Classic's website will quote you a price instantly. They can produce side windows and flat windshields for most other American makes as well, and custom orders can be completed for street rod projects.

THE LINCOLN FARM has over 250 parts cars that span over 40 years of Lincoln production from 1953-'93. Parts for Capris, Marks, Premieres, Town Cars and limousines are available in one large location for daily shipping. Inventory changes often, so don't give up the ship if they do not have what you need on the first call.

Gauge, clock and tachometer restoration is available from AUTO INSTRUMENTS. In addition to quality repairs of all dash gauges, Auto Instruments can refurbish instrument clusters and perform quartz clock conversions. Auto Instruments offers fast, reliable service and quality workmanship in the restoration of your original components.

OLD AIR PRODUCTS is your source for original-equipment Lincoln air-conditioning parts. In addition to compressors, filter driers, and condensers, Old Air Products also sells heater cores and blower motors, aftermarket aluminum radiators and add-on electric fan kits to keep your engine cool year-round.

HYDRO-E-LECTRIC specializes in convertible top components for most American makes. Power cylinders, convertible tops, roof rail seals, top boot weatherstrips and top latches are all available. They also sell power window motor parts and a hydraulic conversion kit for Forties and Fifties vacuum-operated convertible tops. The hydraulic conversion is a more reliable system than the original equipment setup.

DESERT VALLEY AUTO PARTS has a large inventory of rust-free body parts available, in addition to drivetrains and good, used engine parts. They are the largest classic-car salvage yard in the Southwest, with over 8,000 donor cars spread over more than 100 acres, storing all makes and models from 1935 to the late Eighties. Desert Valley should be one of your first contacts for quality sheetmetal and trim parts.

We will continue to talk about vintage and modern Lincoln parts and service suppliers in next month's issue. Until then, if you are still unable to locate all the items necessary to complete your project, remember that our subscribers have access to our parts locator service to assist you in your search. You can contact the parts locator service through our website at www.hemmings.com, or mail us a request using the form located within the pages of your current issue.

CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

zinc dichromate replating

Post by CaptainDave »

When I looked under the hood at the beautiful show-quality cars at the 2012 Eastern National Meet, the hood latch caught my eye. According to the authenticity manual, that golden glow is zinc dichromate plating. Mine is off the car now and before I put it back I was thinking of having it replated. It doesn't look original now. I've looked through the Usual Suspects thread and don't see a good replater listed. Any recommendations? Anyone had this done? Thanks.
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

car cover -- good experience

Post by CaptainDave »

IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0622.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG
I had a cover made for my '66 convertible and it turned out pretty well. It was made by Auto-Chic in Dover, NJ. I ended up visiting their place on my way to the Eastern National Meet in Glen Mills, PA to have a pocket put in it to better accommodate the hood ornament Very nice people, easy to deal with. http://www.autochic.com
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

I've used Paul's Chrome & Don's East Coast Restoration. Stay away from Frankford Plating in Philly.

http://eastcoastrestorations.com/shop/

http://www.paulschrome.com/
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Maybe, someday, this place will make reproduction spark plug wires for our 77-79 Lincolns.

http://www.lectriclimited.com