64 sedan trunk floor pan sources

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

msloquet
Frequent Contributor

64 sedan trunk floor pan sources

Post by msloquet »

Hi guys
Is anyone re-popping our trunk floor pans?
Will a late 60's t-bird cross over ?
Mine is only rusted in the center section.
Usual suspects do not produce them. Seems like it would be a good idea to press some of these out.
loquet
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 64 sedan trunk floor pan sources

Post by Dan Szwarc »

As far as I know, there is not enough demand.

Parts cars from the southwest are your best bet. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy a whole car.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Loquet,

Maybe message this eBay seller and see if they would be willing to make a trunk pan - classicparts4u - if your search 1964 lincoln floor pan on eBay their store will come up. I'm going to be buying the front pans for my '64. A trunk pan is not listed but I'm betting there is a chance they would make one.
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

I submit that one should be able to have a floor reproduced to a practical extent by anyone who can cut and weld sheet metal. All you really need to know is the thickness of the metal, cut a sheet of the appropriate size, carve out all the cancer in the old floor, weld in the new floor, sand down, lay carpet, apply appropriate undercoating, done. Of course, if one's goal is to display at shows that employ lifts for the judges to examine a car's underside, then it isn't that simple. If all one wants is restoration of trunk usability and overall structural integrity, then that's the way to go.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”