98 M8 LSC 10 CD player

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Buckeye Steve
Lincoln Maniac

98 M8 LSC 10 CD player

Post by Buckeye Steve »

I have a 98 M8 LSC CE with a 10 CD player in the trunk with a AM/FM Cassette radio in the dash. I've replaced the CD player twice now with used units which sent bad. I can find no one to repair them-they say they can't get parts. The unit is a Sony but I don't know the model number , only the Lincoln parts number. So I'm looking for another solution.
I found a NOS Sony CDX-454RF 10 CD player in a yard sale and was wondering if I could adapt it to run with the Mark VIII controls. It looks like Sony made several models of 10 CD players during the later 1990s and early 2000s. I don't want to use the radio frequency feature because this Mark VIII is a show car.
Has anybody adapted another 10 cd player to work with the Mark VIII controls? Does anybody have a decent working knowledge of car CD players and Mark VIII CD players that could help?

Buckeye Steve

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”