63 convertible trunk picture needed

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

cadtbird
Occasional Visitor

63 convertible trunk picture needed

Post by cadtbird »

Can someone post a picture of the interior of their trunk. I particularly need the rear passenger side, to see how the cardboard goes with all of the wiring and hoses. Thanks!
Lars Kneller
1963 Convertible
1963 Sedan
2015 MKZ Hybrid
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: 63 convertible trunk picture needed

Post by mge825y »

Hey Lars - My car is being painted so I don't have it at home. But, I looked back through some old photos and found these 3. It shows what my trunk looked like after I cleaned it up and replaced the carpet and cardboard pieces. Is this what you need?
Attachments
IMG_1951.JPG
IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_1953.JPG
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

Great looking trunk!

Rick
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

rick wrote:Great looking trunk!

Rick
Thanks Rick! I got the trunk liner and cardboard pieces from Jim Wallace and they have worked out well.
Mark in Charlotte
cadtbird
Occasional Visitor

Post by cadtbird »

Yes, that does help. Thanks! The plastic pieces that the top rests on, did you make new ones, or use your old ones? The ones in my car are white. When it's convenient and your car is home, I'd like a close-up of the passenger side deck lid hinge area. Also of whatever is sticking through the carpet below the passenger side screw down receiver. I am installing one of Jim's kits too.
Lars Kneller
1963 Convertible
1963 Sedan
2015 MKZ Hybrid
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

mge825y wrote:
I got the trunk liner and cardboard pieces from Jim Wallace and they have worked out well.
I went to Jim's website and it looks like it is hacked. Is it http://www.leather-restorations.com/
????
Thought I would poke around the site and see about some pieces.

Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

cadtbird wrote:Yes, that does help. Thanks! The plastic pieces that the top rests on, did you make new ones, or use your old ones? The ones in my car are white. When it's convenient and your car is home, I'd like a close-up of the passenger side deck lid hinge area. Also of whatever is sticking through the carpet below the passenger side screw down receiver. I am installing one of Jim's kits too.

Lars - Regarding the plastic "scuff pads" or whatever the correct term is for them... on my car, mine are blue. However, I can see the white under the blue paint where the folding top mechanism has made contact. I don't know if all convertibles came with white ones or if they were painted to match the car's exterior color. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the ones on my car were white from the factory and were painted blue by the original owner.

As for other pictures in the trunk area...It's going to be 2 - 3 months before mine comes home. Maybe there are others on the forum that have installed the Jim Wallace trunk set in their '63 convertible that can help?
Mark in Charlotte
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

action wrote:
mge825y wrote:
I got the trunk liner and cardboard pieces from Jim Wallace and they have worked out well.
I went to Jim's website and it looks like it is hacked. Is it http://www.leather-restorations.com/
????
Thought I would poke around the site and see about some pieces.

Action
I spoke to Jim today and he said that he had a hiccup switching his web site to a new provider. He's working to get that back up. Otherwise he's doing fine and still busy filling orders for seat leathers, tops and carpets. He's a good guy and was glad to hear that all is well.
Mark in Charlotte

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”