1961 proper carpet

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

stevedrums
Frequent Contributor

1961 proper carpet

Post by stevedrums »

let me start by saying the previous owner installed a carpet with terrible quality and fit. i'm going to replace it.
i have seen 2 different options for the door sill on these cars (nothing is currently on the sill in my car, the carpet doesn't reach that far)
long carpet
long carpet
extra sill piece
extra sill piece
i have the extra sill pieces, but i can't remember if they came from my 62 parts car. the rear pieces don't fit nice so i'm thinking the extra trim started in 62
1961 Sedan
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Re: 1961 proper carpet

Post by rick »

Steve, my '61 came with the extra sill pieces. I don't have a very good photo of the original but will give you what I do have. If you enlarge the photo, you can see the edge of the extra sill piece.

On advice from my upholsterer, when we installed new carpet we went with what you're terming the "long carpet."....... which is a good way to describe it. I'm satisfied with the end result which is similar to your accompanying photos except in brown.

Hope this helps

Rick
Attachments
1961 Extra sill.Piece.jpg
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”