1956 lincoln Admiralty Blue paint code

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

breegs

1956 lincoln Admiralty Blue paint code

Post by breegs »

Does anyone have a modern paint code for Admiralty blue? Thanks
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: 1956 lincoln Admiralty Blue paint code

Post by papawayne »

Most anyh body shop could compare numbers. They'll just need the numbers from 56 rather than the name. Wayne
breegs

Post by breegs »

I tried, some old paint codes no longer work due to toners etc.. no longer being available.
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

The old paint codes for my 1961 Honey Beige didn't jive with anything in the modern software of local suppliers who specialize in dealing with paint/body shops.

The honey beige codes for later years were different colors than my 1961 - mostly more pinkish, believe it or not. 1961 Fords also has a pinkish color choice called Summer Rose. The honey beige for thunderbirds was different as well.

We tried really hard and one store even made a phone call to a retired guy they knew about in New York State. They knew his experience and possibly his records stretched way back to those early days yet to no avail.

What we did is match it up best we could from photographs. Then after making a final decision, I bought a quart extra of the paint and put aside for a rainy day (I would have purchased a gallon but the body shop wouldn't mix any more than the quart.)........ Sometimes I wonder if all those guys have to pass a weirdness test to get their license. :)

Rick
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
tomo
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by tomo »

Try TCP Global. They may have the old toners or a modern match for the color. https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/

The other option is to have a paint supplier use their camera to get a modern match. The computer program will try to find the closest match in current car colors. Then do a sprayout and bring it back to them to add toners to correct the match. It is a tedious process caused by the EPA regulations that will not allow paint spraying with out a booth. Paint suppliers usually do not have spray booths.
Tom O'Donnell
Palatine, IL
1953 Capri Sport Coupe
breegs

Post by breegs »

Thanks

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”