Steele rubber added new seals for slab sides

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

George W
Lincoln Maniac

Steele rubber added new seals for slab sides

Post by George W »

Just anFYI that I just received an email from Steel Rubber that they've added to their SKUs for our suicide door Lincolns.
1965 Sedan, white w/ black vinyl top and red leather. 28k miles
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Steele rubber added new seals for slab sides

Post by vashtsdaytona »

and which seals are those
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
George W
Lincoln Maniac

Post by George W »

Primarily door and window related rubber weatherstrips. They have them noted in their new products notice that I just received via email. I had purchased door handle gaskets and hood side bumpers from them recently so I guess I'm on their notification list.
1965 Sedan, white w/ black vinyl top and red leather. 28k miles
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

They don't really have anything new for the 66+ other than the dogleg seal and maybe one other small thing or two. Can get just about everything rubber related for the 66+ other than the damn vent window seals.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
Solid
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Solid »

Damnit, I thought I saw 62 roof rail seals. Misfire. Oh well.

I do see the windshield seal. Liana told me he had sent Steele an NOS seal to duplicate and there it is.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

I had Steele Rubber on Lincoln Addict Podcast. They said they will make more parts they just need good used parts to make a mold. If you see something they don't have .... give them a call. Let them know what you need.

You can listen here: https://lincolnaddict.podbean.com

It was Episode 10 they were on. I purchased all the pieces they have for my '64 and will be doing install videos later this year for my Lincoln Addict YouTube channel.

Jason aka The Lincoln Addict
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Hello,

I made a new video highlighting Steele Rubbber products. This year I'll make installation videos as I move ahead on my car. https://bit.ly/38tvEjQ

Jason
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

They have the vent window seals now! Sorely needed! Too bad I don't have my sedan anymore.
Nick
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Nice to see they are expanding their product options, but it's still not enough for me. What I want to see is new rubber items for the suspension, namely bumpers for the front control arms and the rear axle.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

TonyC wrote:Nice to see they are expanding their product options, but it's still not enough for me. What I want to see is new rubber items for the suspension, namely bumpers for the front control arms and the rear axle.

---Tony
Send them some decent samples and they can reproduce them.
Nick
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

I'm pretty sure they could. The problem is that I don't have decent samples on hand. Both the control-arm bumpers are coming apart, and the rear-axle bumper has completely broken apart, nothing left of that but the steel bracket. I'd have to acquire good samples off an organ donor...which ain't gonna happen while I'm still stuck in Kansas (seriously intend to remedy that situation this year). But if/when I do, I'll be glad to share them for reproduction.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

If needed, I may have some useable samples on my 66 parts car to send them. They are still good on my 67 & 62, so perhaps a cooler climate helps. I will check condition, and remove after the snow is gone, if the demand is there.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
Solid
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Solid »

If memory serves I got replacement rubber for the rear axle that fit fine from Larry’s Thunderbird. I did not look for the front control arm bumpers since my originals are still fine, it they may have those too.

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”