65' Sedan Heater A/C actuators

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

richgee

Post by richgee »

I'm trying to work some vacuum gremlins out of our 65 hardtop. I have a reprinted shop manual but I need information. How do I get access to replace the defrost door vacuum motors? Are these items available?
Icemantech

Post by Icemantech »

When I needed any A/C vacuum parts for my Lincolns, these guys came through. Give them a call and talk to Johnny ext 106.

Old Air Products
4615 Martin Street
Fort Worth, TX 76119
Tel: 817-531-2665

Let me know how you made out !!!
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Icemantech

Post by Icemantech »

When I needed any A/C vacuum parts for my Lincolns, these guys came through. Give them a call and talk to Johnny ext 106.

Old Air Products
4615 Martin Street
Fort Worth, TX 76119
Tel: 817-531-2665

Let me know how you made out !!!
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
MarkIII
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by MarkIII »

Doesn't one of our board members work there?
Erich Loepke
Frequent Contributor

Post by Erich Loepke »

Yes, "Yours Truly" works at Old Air doing rebuilds. However, I'm unaware of any replacement vacuum actuators for other than GM products that we carry. There might be some NOS stuff that I'm unaware of, though. Best thing to do would be to give the sales department a call; they have ready access to the computer cross references that I don't.

Unfortunately, most of our focus is on GM products. I guess this is just due to the fact that there is more money to be made there. But the ATC stuff used in the Fords is much more reliable than GM because they used electric solenoids to control vacuum rather than a rotary valve that wears out when the grease dries out. As far as I can tell, the entire ATC system on my 67 Continental is all original and still works perfectly without vacuum leaks.

Also, Johnny passed away earlier this year. I ended up taking over the rebuild part of what he used to do. I'm trying, but I'm not sure I'll attain his level of knowledge when it comes to ATC systems. Extension 106 will get you the IT guy these days; I'm at ext. 105 if you need help with ATC stuff. I have old Mitchell A/C manuals as well as other info at my disposal.

If I can be of any help, just let me know.

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”