NL Region disbanded

This is the public area for a potential Netherlands Region. TheLincolnForum.Net encourages potential members of the LCOC who are located in the Netherlands and other nearby areas to discuss any publicly appropriate topics here. Access to the private area is only visible to region members who have requested access through the Admin of this forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

Jur de Jong
Lincoln Maniac

NL Region disbanded

Post by Jur de Jong »

This is an unhappy announcement.

Due to a declining number of members and a lack of interest for local events, I requested the LCOC Board to disband the NL Region.

We started up enthousiastically last year, but it soon became apparent that people were losing ther jobs. The first to economize on is the hobby, in our case the Lincolns. Club events were badly attended. Club memberships were not renewed, and in some cases the Lincolns were sold. I myself lost my job on 1 october 2009, but fortunately found another job by 1 december. So I can keep the Lincoln. Others were not so lucky.

I want to thank all those who supported us, especially Bob Johnson and Dan Szwarc.

I will stay on this forum.

8)
Jur de Jong

1997 Lincoln Town Car
1975 Lincoln Mk IV Gold-Cream Luxury Group (sold)
http://mercuryclub.multiforum.nl/viewto ... ercuryclub
Frank71

Re: NL Region disbanded

Post by Frank71 »

On my behalf I wish to thank all who supported us!
Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be.....

I have just sold my Town Car and we will see what the future will bring.

Best to all and looking forward to better times, that will for sure be here again some day!

Frank
Frank Steijns

Assistant Director LCOC NL Region

Plan or just do all the good things in life, all bad things will come by themselves!

'69 Lincoln Continental Mark III
arborbob41@aol.com
Frequent Contributor

Post by arborbob41@aol.com »

We hope for better times ahead, and we will welcome you back when that happens. The old car hobby enables us to make many new friends, so I hope to meet you down the road in the future.

Bob Johnson
Bob Johnson
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Sorry to hear about that. Please, keep checking us out; you still are Lincoln People!!

Return to “Netherlands Region - Public Area”