OH CRAP!!! Another Newbie!!!

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Re: OH CRAP!!! Another Newbie!!!

Post by jtheye »

Well nothing has really changed with the 64 since last post. As I had stated in the first post I bought the car while the original owner had it at the body shop. Long story short, 10 months later the body shop decided they didnt need to finish the car since a new owner has it. So that made my great deal into an overpaid, unfinished car. I have brought it home. It is now in a local shop. They have done the timing gears. My upholster guy is started on the interior. Doing a custom Pendleton Wool with black leather. Will post some pics soon. Also ordered my wheels from Isotope Wheels, Kennedy style. The shop is also starting on the Air ride. Here is at least a pic of the wheels I ordered, just remember it is a pic of the wheels and not my car.
Attachments
IMG_7965 (1).JPG
IMG_7959 (1).JPG
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Here is a couple of pics of the interior getting done. The bottom of the back seat is done, the back part is in process. Have to be so careful to get wool pattern to line up. I know this is not every ones taste, but it is so Rez for me and I couldn't be happier. It is not cheap. The Pendleton Wool was $1200 alone for whole car. More than the leather. Completely worth it.
Attachments
P_20180316_085549.jpg
P_20180316_085613.jpg
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by defrang »

Great wheels and awesome upholstery. One of a kind.
Robert DeFrang
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Thanks, I know there are purists who have grabbed their heart and are having a hard time breathing. But like I said in the beginning, this Continental was already far from being able to go to stock when i bought it. So with a courteous bow to the elite restorations, I am well on my way to completing my custom rod. ( Well my pocket book says I'm well on my way)
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by defrang »

Cant wait to see the photos as the project progresses.
Robert DeFrang
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Back seat done except putting in car of course. Carpet on way, gotta check trunk variance for that carpet order. Also any headliner company suggestions?
Attachments
P_20180324_074836.jpg
P_20180324_074858.jpg
Last edited by jtheye on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I'm a purist, and I know what I hate. I don't hate this. I think it's definitely different.
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Isotope wheels just came in on fed ex. Pictures can not do these justice. After looking at 1964 stockhubcaps we decided to go with the "Sofia" wheel instead of "Kennedy". WOW!!!!!!! :dance: Taking them to shop and getting tires tomorrow. Can't wait to see them on.
Attachments
P_20180516_215933_1_1.jpg
P_20180516_220051_1.jpg
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

3a1ffdd6c9608e61149b9ea04a7cdd91cb63cc3f-1S_1280.jpg
e615724e1d6a215de7241f52bfdfda92cdb89036-1S_1280.jpg
IM BEING HELD HOSTAGE! Ok nothing that dramatic, slowly but surely things are coming together. This is the lowest point on the airbag system. Those are the Sofia rims from Isotope wheels, but the shop has them covered to prevent accidental scratches.
Attachments
67b7b977e4e999b60ce60b61fee55cd6de59d980-1S_1280.jpg
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Don’t really care for the big wheel look, but I can appreciate the spirit in which these were made. If I were looking for a big rim, I’d be after these
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by defrang »

Are the seats installed? Get some photos of those in the car when you have a chance.
RD
Robert DeFrang
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

LithiumCobalt wrote:Don’t really care for the big wheel look, but I can appreciate the spirit in which these were made. If I were looking for a big rim, I’d be after these
Same here. I would even consider these in the 15 in size if they made them. But I would be parked so far away from the curb for fear of curb rash that I would probably be sideswiped by ordinary traffic.
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

defrang wrote:Are the seats installed? Get some photos of those in the car when you have a chance.
RD

Unfortunately not. The interior guy is still working on finishing the door panels and putting the leather on the back tray. We do have the front seat, rear seat, headliner, carpet etc. here at our house waiting for install but will be the last thing done to the car. This is of course is at the request of the shop doing all the mechanical work. With the use of the Pendleton Wool on the seats and doors, the fear of staining it is to great until all work is done. The shop still has to weld up the drive line tube, mount tank and a whole list of little things before we even start to think of installing the interior. I can't believe that come November the shop will have had the car for a year. It is now two years since I bought the car. I wish I had the time to do the work myself, but I just don't. Am jealous of all who get to set aside a weekend to do some work to their babies. After reading the active posts, I can only dream of having time to do something as time consuming and creative as 3-D printing a steering wheel part. As soon as I get the door panels I will take pics of all and post them.
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

jtheye wrote:Isotope wheels just came in on fed ex. Pictures can not do these justice. After looking at 1964 stockhubcaps we decided to go with the "Sofia" wheel instead of "Kennedy". WOW!!!!!!! :dance: Taking them to shop and getting tires tomorrow. Can't wait to see them on.
Those wheels will look better if you black out the ribs a little. Like the 64-68 wheelcovee design.

IMHO, of course.
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Trunk getting done, mounting tanks and such.
Attachments
P_20181205_154253_LL.jpg
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan

Return to “Customized Member Projects”