I'm Back!! With a new 64 project

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Suicide65
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: I'm Back!! With a new 64 project

Post by Suicide65 »

suburban_gorilla wrote:Are you gonna keep this car for longer than 5 minutes Josh?
Probably not :smt033

C.R.E.A.M. :twisted:
Suicide65
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Suicide65 »

Exhaust running under axle after 4 link install.

63LINCOLNon22s

Post by 63LINCOLNon22s »

Suicide65 wrote:Quick sneak peek of the 64 after suspension work completed. Devious Customs in SoCal worked on this 64 to develop a true triangulated 4 link rear kit for the 64-69 Lincoln Continentals (mobsteels tend to lack the true triangulation). My 64 has the first one. Devious Customs will be bringing this kit to market soon.

I'll be sure to snap a few shots of the kit later this week.

FYI this is with no tunnel cut at all!!

Josh,

That's cool that you went to devious customs in Riverside, CA for your proto type kit, my fiancee's, sister's husband is Jeff Davy, he's the owner, good friend of mine. I'm sure you worked with him on it. i have a 63 LC that he wants to bag and build a proto type kit for the 61-63 LC, where mine would be the first. Trying to find the time to get down there.

Eric
Last edited by 63LINCOLNon22s on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1963 Lincoln Continental
1963 LC Sedan Parts Car
2000 GMC Sierra
2008 Harley Davidson Custom - built it myself
63LINCOLNon22s

Post by 63LINCOLNon22s »

suburban_gorilla wrote:
darrylqmiller wrote:
suburban_gorilla wrote:i know it has bags.

how far up do you have to raise it to be able to drive? what happens if something fails while you are driving and it airs all the way out? or what happens if there is a problem and the car is layed out and it has to get towed?
Sorry, sometimes people just don't know. I have had many people ask me how I drive it when its so low. :D
And to answer your original question; for me I know I can drive my car when it is as low as the one in the pictures as long as I'm going fairly straight, the road is fairly smooth and I'm not going to fast like in a parade. I can make slight turns but much.

Mine has an under the rockers to ground clearance of six inches when driving and clears 20 inch rims. I have check valves (they only allow the air to flow one way, into the bag) as close to the bags as possible. This way if a line burst while driving I don't lose the air that is in the bag. I also have adequate ground clearance to where if I lose a bag the car doesn't hit the ground. It would be a rough bumpy ride but I think I'd survive. I have lost a tire on a regular suspended car though and it sucked. As far a towing not sure. Guess it's just a risk I'm willing to take to look cool.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Check valves make sense. I'm still trying to decide if its worth the aggravation to switch over to air but I won't do it for a while though. I like the look of this particular kit the best of the ones that are available right now so I would hope they could develop one for a 61/62/63. IF I do go the air route, I definitely want to avoid cutting the tunnel and major surgery of any kind.

It definitely looks great on Josh's 64 and these cars look great with bags. On the other hand, lots of guys out there are bagging these cars, especially on the Facebook groups - the numbers are insane. Maybe I'll lower the car in a year or two first, then take it from there. I just got my stock suspension firmed up and Im loving the way the car handles at the moment. Hopefully by the time I'm ready there will be a really good bolt on kit for a 62. Then I'll think more seriously about it.

Best,

There will be a kit like this available for 61-63 very soon. The owner of Devious Customs is my finacee's, sister's husband, and a good friend of mine. He's asked if I'd put my 63 LC on the rack for him to build a kit for it. Going to do it for next to nothing, in order to develop a long lasting product.

Eric
1963 Lincoln Continental
1963 LC Sedan Parts Car
2000 GMC Sierra
manapiko
Frequent Contributor

Post by manapiko »

well, if you don't have time, i'll ship my '62 down to him to build a kit for!
63LINCOLNon22s

Post by 63LINCOLNon22s »

manapiko wrote:well, if you don't have time, i'll ship my '62 down to him to build a kit for!
Haha, I bet you would, and don't blame you, :). I just spoke to him a couple days ago, should be happening soon. Once it's under way, I'll keep you all posted with updates and pictures as it's going on.

ERIC
1963 Lincoln Continental
1963 LC Sedan Parts Car
2000 GMC Sierra
Suicide65
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Suicide65 »

New wheels arrived today! Colorado Customs 22" custom billet wheels!

Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

Equal to 4 years of college for each wheel?
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
Suicide65
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Suicide65 »

Something like that...
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

Do you have plans for your old wheels and caps? I assume they were the stock wheels from the factory or were/are they a Chevy truck replacement? Those new ones are beyond words. Really beautiful - especially with the black and other chrome trim.
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
Suicide65
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Suicide65 »

I'll hold on to the original wheels n caps.

Thanks for the kind words!
suburban_gorilla
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by suburban_gorilla »

NICE!

are you gonna run whitewalls like I've seen on the mobsteel 22s or just regular rubber bands?
Omar

Toronto, Canada.
1962 Lincoln Continental, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE, 2017 BMW X5
2008 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS [sold], 2008 Honda Pilot [sold], 1987 Cadillac Brougham D'elegance [sold], 2007 Acura CSX [gone]
Suicide65
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Suicide65 »

Mobsteels are 20s, but no I wont be running the white wall 22s. Maybe later
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

If only they were spinners :) Man, those look awesome, can't wait to see them on the car!
Lee
Mutley531
Occasional Visitor

Post by Mutley531 »

Those wheels are incredible! Perfect for a 60s lincoln.

Return to “Customized Member Projects”