I'm Back!! With a new 64 project

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

suburban_gorilla
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: I'm Back!! With a new 64 project

Post by suburban_gorilla »

Guys,

how long can the car stay aired up for? I store my car on a lift for the winter (3-4 months) and I will not be able to store it "aired out" . Will this be a problem? Can the car stay on the lift while "aired up" and not air itself out over time? (or in english, does the system lose air over time? can it retain air in the system and not move over a long period of time, for example for months?)

I've read about cars laying out on the ground and stuck in random places for extended periods being un-moveable and non-towable and this really scares the sh!t out of me.

Input is appreciated.
Omar

Toronto, Canada.
1962 Lincoln Continental, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE, 2017 BMW X5
2008 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS [sold], 2008 Honda Pilot [sold], 1987 Cadillac Brougham D'elegance [sold], 2007 Acura CSX [gone]
Suicide65
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: I'm Back!! With a new 64 project

Post by Suicide65 »

If your air ride is setup properly and all the fittings are done correctly, you shouldnt have any leaks. My convertible never leaked at all and would stay aired up for weeks in between cruising. Even if it does leak a little over a month or so, you can always air it back up, even on the lift.

Return to “Customized Member Projects”