long time creeper!

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

linc64
TLFer for Life

Re: long time creeper!

Post by linc64 »

Love the color!
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

Post by 66continentalefi »

On a somewhat related note I found a video with a really cool interior that uses the stock bench seat and a custom centre console with and ipad in it. The stereo is a bit much but the finish work is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZHX0xiEN6s
66 continental 48000 miles homemade lowering blocks, msd ignition, electric fans and powerjection 3 EFI
94 towncar 158000 kms stock, big stereo, daily driver
05 aviator 172000 kms wifes dd my repair bill!
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

so I bought some stuff yesterday!!!. a good friend of mine works at a custom car shop here in town. this stuff is a take off from a customers mustang that had been driven 500 kms. The price was right on this now I just need bags. Thinking ill order the front kit from mobsteel as I saved a lot buying this stuff. Does anyone know if the ridetech shockwave they have listed specific for the 61-69 Lincoln rear will hold the weight of the car without the rear leafspring? Anyway very excited to get to work my baby boy has been taking up all my time but I cant deny his cuteness!!
Attachments
air zenith and 3 gallon tank
air zenith and 3 gallon tank
universal 4link
universal 4link
ridetech e3
ridetech e3
red
red
some extra stuff
some extra stuff
66 continental 48000 miles homemade lowering blocks, msd ignition, electric fans and powerjection 3 EFI
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

I got some work done this past week!. My wife did not enjoy the whine from the inline pump that came with the powerjection 3 so that was a good enough excuse to do an intank. I got myself a walbro 255 lph pump from ebay and connected it directly to the factory pickup tube. I clocked the pump so the screen is as close to the bottom of the tank as possible. While I was at it I made 2 sets of solid steering box bushings. I had to buy the bolts in bags of 5 so I also have extra bolts. If anyone is interested in the extra set I think a donation to the forum and pay for shipping will be suffice!. pm me if interested. I must say that the solid bushings brought my steering back to a somewhat controllable state even with the well worn steering box itself!. anyway long post heres some pictures
Attachments
welded some jic fittings to the original pickups
welded some jic fittings to the original pickups
new walbro 255 lph intank pump
new walbro 255 lph intank pump
made some solid steering box bushings
made some solid steering box bushings
bought bolts and got the bushings in
bought bolts and got the bushings in
got the sending unit back in and -6 stainless braided back to front and back again
got the sending unit back in and -6 stainless braided back to front and back again
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

I forgot to say I also picked up a dual master that I should have figured out this week also

Return to “Customized Member Projects”