Resto-mod: have questions

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

JonW
Lincoln Maniac

Resto-mod: have questions

Post by JonW »

For my 60th birthday, I want to give myself a resto-mod suicide door car. So I have 2 years to find a donor car and a good builder to build it for me. I intend to keep the body and interior reasonably stock, but replace the drivetrain with a late-model 5.0 Mustang engine and auto trans. I'll probably refurb and upgrade the factory suspension (no air bags, etc). I also want a modern a/c system and modern stereo system. Since the OEM drivetrain is out of the equation, is there any year better than others for this kind of a project?

And does anyone know of a reputable builder, preferably in the Midwest, that can tackle this kind of project?

Oh yeah, if anyone knows of a good solid donor car with a bad or missing drivetrain, please let me know.
1962 Continental resto-mod
Yeah, it's got a Hemi
1979 Mark V 1 of 1
Triple Turquoise
1979 Mark V Bill Blass Edition
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: Resto-mod: have questions

Post by Suicidekid63 »

Jon, Try calling C & J Classics. I'm in Lebanon and they are down the road, from where I work, on old Rt.66. They also have a full website, just to browse and with contact info.
You can try Gary Peterson for the parts car or donor car. He lives in Troy which is by St.Louis. 314-402-6747
May be of help, may not be.

Cheers! :twisted:
Steven Wecker 1963 Lincoln Continental sedan survivor/ Ermine white w/ Pearl honey beige interior
"Moby"- The Wixom whale / aka: "Pale Rider"
ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher!!!

Return to “Customized Member Projects”