63 Convertible 4.6 Build

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

sauceman
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: 63 Convertible 4.6 Build

Post by sauceman »

The only way this would sell would be for pennies on the dollar. If it was me I would store it until your return, this is a one of a kind and you have put too much time and money into it.

cheers
Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement.

Yugoslavia '94' , Israel/Syria '99 , Bosnia '02 , Afghanistan '08-'09

My 1977 Town Car build
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

Crap!! Keep it. If I was closer I'd come help you get it some where.
Good Luck
twistngo
Frequent Contributor

Post by twistngo »

Just saw your post about shipping out for 3-5 that puts a kink in the build, sorry to hear it. Do'nt know what you are doing over there but if they want you that bad maybe you can negotiate bring the car with you? My experience in the sand box involved a lot of down time and with limited recreational outlets and a nice big project would have been a wonderful thing. Hope you can hang on to her and finish it, did you ever find any strut pockets that will work with our aluminum cross members? I had the lower mount brackets made but I am always open to other/better options. Hope it all works out for you, keep us posted.
66 Continental convertible, 13 SHO slightly tuned
02 Custom built softtail, 15 Expedition EL, 05 Thunderbird
00 Crown Vic Eaton M112 blower, Tremec 5speed......etc
Suzuki RF900 Just a little engine work...... And yes my wife is invisible
drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Post by drdvldog »

Guys....(and girls if you are out there),

I am sitting here in Afghanistan and I got the word I am not going where I thought I was, but staying in Northern VA for a bit...the "Beast" is stored in a nice garage of a family friend in Alexandria and I will get back to work thrashing on her when I return home in February.

I will say this...I need her on the road this summer. I want to do the Power Tour. Whether or not she is painted and looking pretty, or not.

Talk to you all soon!!

s/f

DR
sauceman
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by sauceman »

Good news all around!

Left the 'stan in '09
011.JPG

cheers
Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement.

Yugoslavia '94' , Israel/Syria '99 , Bosnia '02 , Afghanistan '08-'09

My 1977 Town Car build
drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Post by drdvldog »

Nice....thanks for your service! One thing is for sure...sitting out here makes you obsess UNCONTROLLABLY about whatever project you may be working on back home!!

In my case, it's my love and my lady...my 63! I think I have walked through my list of to-do's about 10 times already and I have spent a good bit of change mailing all the little nick-nacks I will need to get back to work when I get home.

I just contacted Cody at Stang-Hi Performance in Baton Rouge, LA; my hometown and the place I did all the heavy fabrication on the engine compartment to fit the Crown Vic k-member and new frame lines. I want to run a more substantial, read time consuming to set up, induction system (twin turbos anyone) but that will take a good bit of tuning and additional fabrication time. So, for now, it will be one of Cody's big air mass air flow sensors and his custom tunes along with a "normal" Cobra aftermarket cold air intake set up. Dont worry, I will try and make it look as pretty as I possibly can!!!

I have ordered the stainless header flanges from Stainless Works and I will begin fabbing up the turbo headers, slowly but surely, once I send the big girl off for final paint work...that is a fall/winter of 2015/2016 project!!

Getting the beast on the road this summer is the short term goal. She will at least be running around the local neighborhoods and burbs of DC and have most of her interior polished and shined up along with a top that goes up and down reliably thanks to John at the T-Bird Ranch and his billet and modern relay module work of art and the ISIS (now Infinity Box due to a name changed forced by an incorrectly labeled insurgent group in Iraq that should be called Da'esh) multiplexing wiring system that will probably take me a good couple months to truly discover all of it's capabilities...and how to start the car remotely with my iphone.

All the fab I have left is cutting some brackets and hold downs for the intercooler and radiator, along with tightening up a panhard bar system for the rear end and cutting some boxes for the k-member's rear leg reinforcement pads. Hydroboost brake master is ready to be bolted up and have brake lines ran to it to pressurize the system and a Vintage Air GenIV system is sitting in a box at the garage ready to be bolted into it's new home under the dash.

I can't wait to get home....I got my 60 day redeployment notice on Christmas Eve, so I am counting the days as of now!
JimA
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by JimA »

Thanks for your service. Glad to hear you're coming back.
1978 Continental Coupe
521 Stroker -- SOLD :-(
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

Thanks also for your service and make it home safe so we can see this beast on the road!! Happy holidays!
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Glad you'll be home soon. Safe travels and enjoy the car!!
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

From one who has been there for almost 30 years....and definitely knows what you are going through...thank you for your service! I can relate to long nights of sitting and thinking and making notes and plans on everything from building a house to what car I want to buy (new) to what old car I want to have for a toy. But it does make the time pass and is surprisingly productive when the time comes to start making those plans a reality.

Happy New Year
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
topsdrops
Occasional Visitor

Post by topsdrops »

With the new motor in do you have to get all new suspension and brakes. I already have air shocks
topsdrops
Occasional Visitor

Post by topsdrops »

With the new motor in do you have to get all new suspension and brakes. I already have air shocks
topsdrops
Occasional Visitor

Post by topsdrops »

Do you have to get all new suspension and brakes. I already have air shocks. Does it matter what year engine? I found a 98 mustang cobra engine for 2500 and a 2001 gt for 1600
drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Post by drdvldog »

topsdrops...no, it doesn't matter what year motor if it is a modular 4.6L or similar motor based on that block architecture (think 5.4L only you will have problems with hood clearance).
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Want to see this project done.

Return to “Customized Member Projects”