1967 Lincoln Continental in St. Louis

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

1967 Lincoln Continental in St. Louis

Post by smeeluv »

Hey guys...New to the forum and just wanted to start my own project. I have been looking for years to get a 60's car and deck it out. I've owned a minitruck, a honda and was dying to get something different to play with. Finally saw older pictures of the continentals and knew that's what I wanted. So I was just looking for one that had a good body and drove well and then I would then shave everything, repaint and so on. I got lucky and found one that had a good starting point. Bought it a couple months ago, it has shaved door handles, painted bumpers, lowered and has a hood mod. The paint on this thing is incredible, interior is okay and the engine sounds pretty good. Let me know what you guys think? The first thing I did was remove that ghetto steering wheel and put factory back on. More pics to come, I think I will get the 22s sometime this year and will then start on the stereo and new interior
[img]
67Conty1small.JPG
67Conty1small.JPG (46.26 KiB) Viewed 2914 times
[/img]
[img]
67Conty2small.JPG
67Conty2small.JPG (36.85 KiB) Viewed 2914 times
[/img]

Hope you guys like it and am glad to be apart of it!!
Lee
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 1967 Lincoln Continental in St. Louis

Post by Suicidekid63 »

Louvered hood is trick. Gotta get that hood ornament back on, though. LOL I'm a huge fan of chrome, but the painted bumpers look good as well. Keep the pics coming.
Steven Wecker 1963 Lincoln Continental sedan survivor/ Ermine white w/ Pearl honey beige interior
"Moby"- The Wixom whale / aka: "Pale Rider"
ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher!!!
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Yeah, I like the painted bumpers just because it is rare. I am wanting to shave the antenna, trunk key and gas door but do not know where to relocate the gas door. I was thinking of doing it inside the trunk but I read on a couple other forums that you may smell gas in the car. The gas door does not look bad by any means, I figured I would get that done at the same time as the others and it would have a nice clean look all around. If anyone else has other options, please let me know. Right now I am working on getting the 22s and I'll probably go with the Boss 5 spoke. I will probably do the headlight conversion to some HID lights over the winter. I was thinking about installing some angel eyes while I was at it but not sure if that would be gay or not. It already has the ground effect lights so I was going to add to it. I attached a pic of the rims I am thinking about, let me know what you guys think!?
335.jpg
335.jpg (18.61 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
Lee
protraxduner
Lincoln Maniac

Post by protraxduner »

I will be using the exact wheels at least at the moment those are the ones I like the most, I havent decided whether chrome or black. I used to be dead against black but now they are growing on me. Mine will be white when it gets to paint. As for painted bumpers i have been trying to determine if i want to do that with mine, give it a more modern look but no yet decided. On yours i think it would look better if you removed the small chrome trim between the body and bumper. I want to see it if you get those wheels, how are you addressing the offset of the wheels?
Tony
67 Continental (currently rebuilding)
87 Mustang GT w/T-tops (currently building)
97 Trans-Am, 08 Pontiac G8 GT, 11 Silverado
88 TRX500R, 86 ATC500R, 82 ATC250R, 86 ATC250ES, 04 YFZ450, 07 TRX450R, 85 ATC70
eightballer
Occasional Visitor

Post by eightballer »

Ya im just not sure about that hood. Everything else loods good, cept those wheels. I am going with 18'' Foose Nitrous II..I also am a fan of shaving, I am in luck owning a convertible, that my gas door will be shaved and wont smell a thing. I am even thinking about shaving the wipers, Have fun with your ride, there a blast..
1967 Lincoln Continental Convertible
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3311923
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Yeah, the offset of those wheels are 30. I did a rough estimate on the current wheels offset and they were real close to zero. So, from what I have read on, the 30 offset will push the rims in 30mm toward the car. That is around 1" of change and I looked at where the wheels are currently positioned and I have a lot of room on the backside of the wheels to handle that change. If that does not sound right then let me know? I liked those wheels because they were simple 5 spoke that have a good deep dish look. I also wanted to show off the details behind the wheel in case I would get a bigger brake kit like mobsteel offers! I was iffy on the hood too but I see a lot of heat coming out of there while I am stopped so it probably gives some good air flow as well!! I was thinking about doing the wipers as well, not sure how I would do that though!
Lee
protraxduner
Lincoln Maniac

Post by protraxduner »

From what i have read on this site a 30mm offset will NOT work. But I have not actually done any measuring. I will be shaving handles, gas door and wipers/cowl. I bought an extra cowl to work on just in case it doesnt work out, so far i have removed the grill part of the cowl and will replace with sheet metal.
Tony
88 TRX500R, 86 ATC500R, 82 ATC250R, 86 ATC250ES, 04 YFZ450, 07 TRX450R, 85 ATC70
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Can you direct me to where you read that? I have read of a lot of problems with fitment on here but when I get under the car, I don't see why I would have any problems. I'll do some research and show what my current tires are and what I am wanting to go to. Anyone know of a good way to measure what rims can fit on the car or a place I can take it to that will run some measurements for me??
Lee
protraxduner
Lincoln Maniac

Post by protraxduner »

I'm not saying they wont, just from browsing i think the consensus is they wont without spacers or mods. There are many post i think refering to this subject, heres one.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26536&start=0&hilit=offset
Tony
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Protraxduner, thanks for the feedback. Looks like I am searching for some different rims, I liked those rims but I don't want to have to go through any mods! They aren't THAT cool!Thanks again!
Lee
protraxduner
Lincoln Maniac

Post by protraxduner »

Let me know if you find some wheels. I have a hard time finding any 'simple' wheels for my vehicles. Everything nowadays is to flashy or intricate, i like clean five spoke design like the BOSS's pictured. The only other option i have is to have some custom forged wheels made with correct offset like iforged aeros but they are pricey $$$. I may end up getting the Boss wheels and using wheels adapters/spacers(the kind you bolt to axles then bolt wheel to adapter.
Tony
Buddy67Lincoln
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Buddy67Lincoln »

I always saw that car for sale online! Nice louvered hood! The body does look nice on it. There is one similar to yours I saw (probably not for sale) but it was dark, painted bumpers, side pipes, custom bar grille, had wire wheels too. Maybe your car was it and you changed the grille back?! Good move on the steering wheel. Looks like a solid car. have fun and enjoy those moon valve covers when they come in!
John Lyman
Stinkin Lincoln, LLC
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan (2018) FOR SALE 25,000 miles from original owner
1963 Lincoln Continental Convertible (2018) Rose Metallic
1964 Lincoln Continental Convertible (2018) Patina Custom
1964 Lincoln Continental Convertible (2010), my baby
1967 Lincoln Continental Coupe (1999), first Lincoln
WANTED: 1967-69 Passenger side mirror, any condition, and buckets seats
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Yeah, I was just about to update this with everything that I have purchased and have not installed :) Yeah, this guy lived in the St. Louis area and I do not think he knew what he was doing, the guy that owned it before him is another story, if he did everything himself than I give him mad props cause the body condition is awesome, in my opinion! Well, I was off and on for those valve covers but there was a lot of good feedback on them and my current ones look pretty crappy so why not. So I should have those coming soon. I also bought a door locking module, not the alarm, just one that can unlock the doors and trunk with the keyless. My latest purchase were some hid conversions that have the angel eyes already in them. Not sure how that is going to look. My whole intention on this car is to make it look really clean and cool of course but not cheap. I put one in and not sure how they will look during the day but we'll see when they are all in and get everyones' honest opinion on here. Once it gets a little warmer, I can install all of these. The link for those is...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H5001-H5 ... 45f09b98c5
Let me know your thoughts on these, already have them so too late if they look bad but we'll see!

Also still looking for some rims. I scratched the idea of the boss 5 spoke due to the offset situation. But there are some boss 6 spokes that are 24s and the offset is 12, which I believe will work. Waiting to see what kind of deal I can get on them and then I will try to measure everything out to see if they will fit. Looks like the only issue is with the backend as right now, there is only like a inch of space between my current wheels and the fender inner wall. So I hope they fit because they will look pretty sweet and the wheels are just clean looking!
Lee
lolinc

Post by lolinc »

Hay,smeeluv,saw pictures of your 4door linc. That car belong to both my deaceased brothers,I moved to PA. joined Lincoln form and spotted it.Ihave 67 coupe ,It is the twin to yours. Have not posted pics,yet will soon.If you need any info. on the car,call me 610-326-3956,or post message to Bill, (LoLinc) .
KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Post by KULTULZ »

smeeluv wrote:

I am wanting to shave (the) gas door but do not know where to relocate the gas door.
How about putting the filler neck behind the rear tag?
My latest purchase were some hid conversions that have the angel eyes already in them. Not sure how that is going to look. My whole intention on this car is to make it look really clean and cool of course but not cheap. I put one in and not sure how they will look during the day but we'll see when they are all in and get everyone's' honest opinion on here.
Put them on a separate switch to where you can use them during the day or not.
Not A Current LINCOLN Owner -

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960

Return to “Customized Member Projects”