1963 linconln with 500HP Fuel Injected 460 and C6 Tranny

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

myrelic

1963 linconln with 500HP Fuel Injected 460 and C6 Tranny

Post by myrelic »

My 63 continental convertible is up and running with a 500 hp fuel injected 460 and new C6 tranny. still need to do some under load and on the road tunning but so far so good. Ended up notching the frame, reworking the tunnel, took out the AC and rolled the fire wall. I am putting in hot rod air so using the same ducting.Gave me lots of room on the fire wall and under the dash. I am moving all of the wiring that is currently on the fender well wall to the back of the right front fenderwell will be pretty hidden. When all is said and done should be a pretty sterile installation. Used stock exhaust maifolds instead of headers and everything seems to fit. hood clearance is very tight but doable. I am deciding whether to go semi rat with satin blue exterior blue mexican blanket interior and a custom pizza pan air cleaner right from the old pizza shop or doing the comlete mod like I had planned with pearl whhite tan interior air ride, 4 link, baer brakes, pop up dvds in the seats shaved door handles and much much more.

The deciding factor for me will ultimately be money. When I spent the initial 11k on this project I was a successful real estate agent and had a very understanding wife. Now that the market has slowed and I have this project, a 70 Challenger bracket street rod project, a 65 cuda street rod project and a 55 desoto rat rod project, my wife has become less than understanding. Something has got to give and the goal for this car was to create a bullet proof reliable real estate mobile with all of the modern conveniences of a new car.

Also looking for the right spot to mount battery in the back of the car. Any Ideas?

Pictures of car and engine installed at my Hub Garage site. http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/bpfli ... cles/20164

Still have not figured out how to post photos on this site.
Last edited by myrelic on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
63 Lincoln Convert fuel injected 460 soon to be daily Driver.
2006 Pontiac Solstice
70 Challenger super tubbed Crate 402
1955 Desoto The real Project
Sold the Cuda
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Re: 1963 linconln with 500HP Fuel Injected 460 and C6 Tranny

Post by vashtsdaytona »

your link doesnt take me to the right place, just the general homepage
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by ReijerLincoln »

I think this is it: http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/bpfli ... cles/20164

It certainly looks and sounds impressive. That must have taken a lot of work (and guts). The engine sits further back than the original one so that should improve handling. One photo shows the oil pan and it seems a lot lower to the ground than the original one was. Do you have enough clearance?

So.... are you keeping all your cars or do same have to go? :|
1964 Lincoln Continental sedan

http://bigfancycar.blogspot.nl/
myrelic

Post by myrelic »

ReijerLincoln wrote:I think this is it: http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/bpfli ... cles/20164

It certainly looks and sounds impressive. That must have taken a lot of work (and guts). The engine sits further back than the original one so that should improve handling. One photo shows the oil pan and it seems a lot lower to the ground than the original one was. Do you have enough clearance?

So.... are you keeping all your cars or do same have to go? :|
It was a bit of a challenge witth the fab but the we have actually spent more time screwing with the fuel injection and tuning than the whole rest of the project. As far as the oil pan it ists lower but I have enough clearance. The air ride plan is not about slamming or fast air it is about load adjustment & ride. Cuda is for sale.
63 Lincoln Convert fuel injected 460 soon to be daily Driver.
2006 Pontiac Solstice
70 Challenger super tubbed Crate 402
1955 Desoto The real Project
Sold the Cuda
birdster64
Occasional Visitor

Post by birdster64 »

I am thinking about swapping a 460 in my '64. Not sure if I have the skills to make it happen though.
1964 Continental Sedan (long term resto)
2014 Fusion, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth
2005 H-D Dyna Wide Glide
1971 H-D Custom shovelhead chopper
1954 Willys Wagon, 1992 Jeep Comanche (organ donor)
manapiko
Frequent Contributor

Post by manapiko »

wow, back from the dead
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

manapiko wrote:wow, back from the dead
Wow, to me the best of both worlds would be the modern mechanicals you've described but a totally stock appearance. I know you weren't asking for opinions, but on this topic I always feel compelled to do what I can to preserve the original appearance of these cars. I don't think it can be improved! :grin:
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair

Return to “Customized Member Projects”