My coupe

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: My coupe

Post by 66Lincoupe »

My car doesn't handle noticeably different than it did before. I do drive it more carefully over undulations so I don't risk strike through. I cut one complete coil from the springs and it gave it a very deep rake. Somewhere early in the thread I have a photo next to a stock 66 so you can see the change.
Rob
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

So, life has happened. The end of July I had a heart attack. I'm okay and there was no damage to my heart. I eat well and, while not a fitness guru, am not out of shape. My cholesterol has been out of check for a while. I had it controlled with diet and exercise, but haven't had it checked in a while. The cardiologist said I was lucky because where the blockage was and my lack of day to day symptoms it would have killed me silently. I feel great and will be back up and running here in no time. This was a huge wake-up call though.

Work on the Lincoln will be a little slow since I have two daughters driving and both of them love classic cars. #1 just bought a 1964 Riviera with the Super Wildcat (2x4bbl) 425... it's a project, but needless to say, I am a bit jealous. #2 is on the hunt for a 1965 Ford shortbed fleetside pickup. If there is anyone on the left side of the country that happens to know of someone with a project shoot me a note.
Rob
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

Feeling better... Making some progress with Frankenstein. Got some new shoes:
Frankenstein 19OCT2015.jpg
And got some sounds going. What good is a classic without tunes? I bought a JL Audio MBT-RX Bluetooth receiver, And I had a used pair of classic Pioneer GM-X312 amplifiers, and Pioneer speakers in the stock locations in the kick panels 5.25" (AM 8 track) and the package shelf 4x10" - I used 6x9s with 4x10 adapters from Crutchfield. Super simple and completely invisible -
MBT RX.jpg
This attaches with 3M tape which is tenacious.
Rob
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

From the side
Frankenstein Parking lot.jpg
Rob
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

66Lincoupe wrote:So, life has happened. The end of July I had a heart attack. I'm okay and there was no damage to my heart. I eat well and, while not a fitness guru, am not out of shape. My cholesterol has been out of check for a while. I had it controlled with diet and exercise, but haven't had it checked in a while.
WTF Robbie! Aren't you like 35 or something? I always thought you were pretty young. Maybe you just have that baby face.

As a middle-aged man who has recently discovered fitness, I can tell you it's the easiest hard thing you'll ever do. It's worth it for you and your family. Stay healthy, my friend.
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

Dan Szwarc wrote:
66Lincoupe wrote:So, life has happened. The end of July I had a heart attack. I'm okay and there was no damage to my heart. I eat well and, while not a fitness guru, am not out of shape. My cholesterol has been out of check for a while. I had it controlled with diet and exercise, but haven't had it checked in a while.
WTF Robbie! Aren't you like 35 or something? I always thought you were pretty young. Maybe you just have that baby face.

As a middle-aged man who precently discovered fitness, I can tell you it's the easiest hard thing you'll ever do. It's worth it for you and your family. Stay healthy, my friend.
Thank you Dan! I like exercise so this was a total shock. But feeling way better!

Some work on the car yesterday. Finally finished the package shelf - It was easier than I thought it'd be. And I like the results:
Frankenstein package shelf.jpg
Rob
Barry Wolk
TLFer for Life

Post by Barry Wolk »

Hope you stay well. That must have been quite the scare.
'56 Mark II convertible, '51 Royal Spartanette, '56 Chris Craft Continental
'68 Lincoln Continental Limo, '77 Town Car, '55 356 Porsche Continental cabrio,
'69 Mark III convertible,'88 BMW 750iL, '88 BMW 325iX, '97 BMW Z-3, '98 ML-320

My newest car is 15 years old!
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

Barry Wolk wrote:Hope you stay well. That must have been quite the scare.
Thank you Barry. How are you patching up? I hope you and G are getting back to a semblence of normal.
Rob
Barry Wolk
TLFer for Life

Post by Barry Wolk »

New normal. Getting old and being injured is never a great combo. Thanks for the kind thoughts.
'56 Mark II convertible, '51 Royal Spartanette, '56 Chris Craft Continental
'68 Lincoln Continental Limo, '77 Town Car, '55 356 Porsche Continental cabrio,
'69 Mark III convertible,'88 BMW 750iL, '88 BMW 325iX, '97 BMW Z-3, '98 ML-320

My newest car is 15 years old!
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

The interior is finally "finished". I love pleats so this is awesome to me. Eventually it will all be redone in true tuck and roll, but for now it's perfect.
20151119_204550_resized.jpg
20151201_203659_resized.jpg
And squared off and carpeted the trunk to hide the stereo. Not in this photo but I made a custom tire cover as well...
20151124_164454_resized.jpg
Rob
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I like the trunk. The hard angles around the wheels, not so much.

What carpet did you use?
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

Dan Szwarc wrote:I like the trunk. The hard angles around the wheels, not so much.

What carpet did you use?
Yeah, the angles over the wheels was the easy way out. Working on an alternative, but these work great at the drive in, my daughters bring pillows and the angle is perfect for watching the movie! We drew more attention than Star Wars! Okay, maybe just because the others were there to see it also, lol...

The carpet is from The Home Depot. It's 79¢ per square foot indoor/outdoor stuff. This was all if 30 dollars. Its looped pile and feels great
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

The best solution would be a nicely shaped fiberglass mold, covered with carpet. Yours still looks good.

Years ago, I bought indoor outdoor carpet from Home Depot that was very similar to the original trunk carpet. It cut loop or just a short cut pile. They haven't sold it in the last 12-14 years although i haven't checked lately. It's rubber-backed. The only stuff I've seen there since I bought mine is the right grey color, but has very prominent grooves that I did not like.
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

Yes, this has those grooves. They had some black that didn't have the grooves but I like the gray.
Rob
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

Looking good and take care of yourself

Return to “Customized Member Projects”