My 62 Conti

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

CVLincoln
Frequent Contributor

Re: My 62 Conti

Post by CVLincoln »

Congratulations on your son, kids are awesome :grin:

Car looks great, wheels and color. Nice job :grin:
Coconut-kid
Occasional Visitor

Post by Coconut-kid »

ReijerLincoln wrote:Congrats on the newborn & the '62. It looks great. What colour is that? Nice stance. Wheels look good too (and I'm not a fan at all of big chrome wheels). How about showing us a few photos of the interior?

cheers,
Reijer
Hey Reijer thanks. The color of the car is supposed to be Bermuda blue. But when I took it for paint the shop could not find the mixture specs for the paint code. So they just used some machine that they put against my car that took a picture of the paint and put it in some special computer that gave them all the info. It was a pretty cool tool. So to really answer your question I'm not sure. :lol:

I also went with polished billet wheels instead of chrome since I live in Hawaii and am surrounded by salt water.

Here are some pictures of the inside of my car like you asked for .

Thanks again.
Pierre
Attachments
IMG_1157.JPG
IMG_1157.JPG (191.29 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
IMG_1156.JPG
IMG_1156.JPG (165.84 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
IMG_1153.JPG
1962 Lincoln Continental
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3802708
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by ReijerLincoln »

Thanks for posting. The interior looks nice. I love leather with a little patina. Are you keeping it this way?
1964 Lincoln Continental sedan

http://bigfancycar.blogspot.nl/
Ken Stevens
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Ken Stevens »

Coconut-kid wrote: Here are some pictures of the inside of my car like you asked for .

Thanks again.
Pierre
when you had the door panel sprayed, were you by chance given the color formua for future use? That looks like interior code 82 (medium blue metallic) and I'd love to get the color-match info for that.

It looks great.
Ken Stevens
61 LC Convertible
Coconut-kid
Occasional Visitor

Post by Coconut-kid »

when you had the door panel sprayed, were you by chance given the color formula for future use? That looks like interior code 82 (medium blue metallic) and I'd love to get the color-match info for that.

It looks great.[/quote]

Hey Ken your right my interior is code 82. Here is a picture of the label off one of the cans I had made. Its not Lincoln specific but it matched good enough for me.
They told me if I needed more to use the number on the top left . Hope this helps.
Attachments
IMG_1177.JPG
1962 Lincoln Continental
Coconut-kid
Occasional Visitor

Update

Post by Coconut-kid »

Just wanted to add a couple of shots of my new Mooneyes valve covers I finally got a chance to put on.
Now to start re-painting other parts of my motor so it looks half way decent to match the outside of my car.
Attachments
After
After
Before
Before
1962 Lincoln Continental
black63lincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by black63lincoln »

Man, what a difference those wheels and air bags did for the look of your car, It makes it look 3 feet longer. Nice Job.
I also really like that color.

Congrats on the new baby.
Todd
ReijerLincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by ReijerLincoln »

Nice! :o
1964 Lincoln Continental sedan

http://bigfancycar.blogspot.nl/
Gerald F. Chase
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Gerald F. Chase »

Nothing says "ghetto" more than those awful over-sized wheels, IMO. At least they can be
switched back to something "normal".

Your '62 is much too nice to ruin it by "bagging" it. This from a 29-year owner of a '62.

Jerry
DetroitDeviant
Lincoln Maniac

Post by DetroitDeviant »

Everyone has there opinions, I personally like big wheels and the wide white snowballs. Its personal choice. Jerry why didn't you just say "N-word" Isn't that what you meant? Also, 99% of car guys would agree that the right stance on a car can "make" a car. You can static drop your car a little and keep it drivable, or go with bags to have the drivabilty and then drop it for show. Most of these cars would end up in the junk yard if it wasn't for customizors bringing them back from the dead, bagging them and adding those "n-word" "awful" right sized wheels. You are always negative to the customs, maybe you could think more positive. I bet you have never taken a sawsall to anything. I cannot name off the top of my head a single famous "restorer" but I can come up with dozens of customizers, Foose, Troy T., Barris, Poises, Roth, etc. etc. If your into stock, great, customs, great, the point is we are into it. The LC enthusiast is a small group and I believe we need to embrace everybody. Its not like we are working on a Mustang or camaro where you can order an entire body and every other part out of a catalog. These cars take a special dedication that most people don't understand. (I am sure you do if you have owned one for 29 years.)
James-Detroit Deviant

Edited by Admin
James -Detroit Deviant
Artist/Sculptor/fabricator/Solidworks Professional
1968 LC sedan
on Instagram:
spiral_design_works
echelon_design_works
james_clayman
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

DetroitDeviant wrote:Everyone has there opinions, I personally like big wheels and the wide white snowballs. Its personal choice. Jerry why didn't you just say "N-word" Isn't that what you meant? Also, 99% of car guys would agree that the right stance on a car can "make" a car. You can static drop your car a little and keep it drivable, or go with bags to have the drivabilty and then drop it for show. Most of these cars would end up in the junk yard if it wasn't for customizors bringing them back from the dead, bagging them and adding those "n-word" "awful" right sized wheels.
James-Detroit Deviant
We don't use that word here. Don't do it again.
DetroitDeviant
Lincoln Maniac

Post by DetroitDeviant »

Dan, That was kind-of my point. Calling someones car "Ghetto" is the same thing. Different words, same meaning.
James -Detroit Deviant
Artist/Sculptor/fabricator/Solidworks Professional
1968 LC sedan
on Instagram:
spiral_design_works
echelon_design_works
james_clayman
mjabbasi
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by mjabbasi »

Nice car and I'm glad to see you're showing so much personal interest in sprucing it up. Btw the front grille assembly on your car is from 1963, not '62.
Moin Abbasi
1961 T-Bird Convertible (Montecarlo Red)
1962 LC Sedan (Nocturne Blue)
1963 LC Convertible (Premier Yellow)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Moved and merged.

Return to “Customized Member Projects”