Spacer Assembly EGR Valve

This forum is for listing part numbers, substitutions, and suggestions for replacement or new parts for our Lincolns.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

wasagachris
Dedicated Enthusiast

Spacer Assembly EGR Valve

Post by wasagachris »

Hey Guys I'm reaching out to the group for some cross reference info.
I'm looking for the spacer assembly for the EGR valve on my 1987 Town Car.
The P/N according to the MPC is E8AZ-9H474-A. I can't find that part number for sale anywhere. I do find that Green sales lists P/N E6SZ-9H474-A and according to the MPC is for 1986 to 1988 Continentals.
My question is will the two parts be interchangeable. both cars will have the 5.0 liter(302) V8.
I was detailing the engine last year and accidentally leaned on the part and broke off the small pipe connecting the coolant to the spacer. Right now I have just looped the two coolant hoses together to stop it from leaking coolant but without it hooked up I have no way to preheat the spacer assembly.
Anybody who can cross reference the parts please let me know.
Green Sales also lists E6AZ-9H474-A, F67H-4774-A and XL3Z-4774-A but I don't find those numbers in my MPC so I don't know the applications for those P/N's.
1961 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Sedan,
1973 Lincoln Continental Town Car 4 Dr,
1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Stars & Stripes Edition
wasagachris
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: Spacer Assembly EGR Valve

Post by wasagachris »

Well since no one seemed to be able to answer my question I had the car in for some service and asked the mechanic if he could fix the problem. They removed the EGR spacer plate, drilled out the broken fitting and tapped the hole and threaded in a small piece of pipe.
Problem solved. I now have a properly functioning preheat system for my EGR.
1961 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr Sedan,
1973 Lincoln Continental Town Car 4 Dr,
1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Stars & Stripes Edition