Cross Reference: Tower Clamps

This forum is for listing part numbers, substitutions, and suggestions for replacement or new parts for our Lincolns.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Cross Reference: Tower Clamps

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I've been looking for proper wittek tower clamps for my 66 LIncoln and had sourced all of them except for the small one used on the PCV valve to the valley pan.

I think I finally found it.

The clamp size is SG22 which measures about 5/8" when closed (probably around 15/16" when open). It's for 3/8" ID PCV vapor line.
Here's a link to a source:
http://www.corvettefasteners.com/produc ... 22%22.html
(Yup. It's a corvette shop. Ya gotta take what you can find.)

$3 a pair is crazy cheap. I ordered four sets for my cars. shipping was only $3 USPS.

I will report back if my $15 was well spent.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Cross Reference: Tower Clamps

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Update: I received my clamps and they are SMALL. They are for 5/16" transmission lines which are pretty small. I could use these for the PCV hose on my 66, but they are very tight. I'm continuing to look for other clamps in other sizes. Everyone sells the 1-1/16 Wittek tower clamps, but those are too big for the PCV.

It's also hard to locate clamps because of the problem with identifying the open clamp size vs. the closed/minimum clamp size.
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Dan,

Do you have anymore information on the various tower clamps used and best place to obtain them? I was wanting to use them as I put my '67 back together.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

The best source I have found for tower clamps is AMKproducts.com. The 1-1/16" clamps are used on the heater hoses. The radiator hoses uses 2-1/4" clamps except for at the water pump (just use a worm clamp there, you can't see it).