Differences in the MKS's

Frames, uni-bodies, suspensions, axles, springs, bushings, shocks, brakes, rotors, hubs, etc.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

lkmboogie

Differences in the MKS's

Post by lkmboogie »

I've narrowed things down to the MKZ And MKS. These are my choices because I like the soft ride of the town car and it seems like the MKZ and MKS are the closest I'm going to get.

My 2001 is a soft ride and soft steering. I found out that after 2003 the ride in the Town Cars got a little stiffer and rack and pinion was added in the steering wheel making it a little tighter also.

I'm leaning toward the MKS...... Between the first introduction in 2009 to the end of the product line in 2017 were there major differences in the softness of the ride like what happened with the 2000's Town Cars?

Thanks again
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: Differences in the MKS's

Post by Steve K »

I don't think there were significant changes made between the original 2009 MKS and the last one prior to its replacement by the Continental. I can say that the larger and heavier MKS rides much smoother and softer than the MKZ. This is from experience evaluating both prior to purchase. The MKS is what it was supposed to be - a car to satisfy prior owners of Town Cars while at the same time introducing a bit sportier feel ala BMW to attract younger buyers. So while the ride and handling is very good for a large American sedan, it is firmer and tighter than the Town Car by quite a margin. Drive them both and you'll easily tell them apart and for what you are looking for, the MKS will make you happier than the MKZ. Not to mention more interior room. Other than it's toothy grin, we really enjoyed the car for road trips and in retrospect, I think it was a smoother ride than the 2018 Continental we replaced it with.
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
lkmboogie

Re: Differences in the MKS's

Post by lkmboogie »

Very helpful information. Thanks!

Return to “Chassis, Suspension, Steering & Brakes”