air shocks conversion..stiff ride

Frames, uni-bodies, suspensions, axles, springs, bushings, shocks, brakes, rotors, hubs, etc.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

unclebob

air shocks conversion..stiff ride

Post by unclebob »

I may be on the wrong forum for this but here goes..I have a 1996 Lincoln sport coupe which has the air shocks to shocks and springs modification..I bought the car this way..the ride seems to be very rough..you can feel every bump in the road..I had a 96 continental that I had the modification done to and the ride seemed to be ok..I don't know how long ago the modification was done on my 96, but it's only showing a little over 101 thousand miles..I haven't looked under the car yet..any suggestions on curing the rough ride??"
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: air shocks conversion..stiff ride

Post by papawayne »

Less air? Are they adjustable that way? Wayne
mlj427
Frequent Contributor

Post by mlj427 »

If I understand you someone removed the air springs and installed coil springs correct? If so and you want the Lincoln ride back install new air springs and replace or repair the compressor. Also is this a Mark 8 if so it could have a sportier ride then a Continental which could be rougher.
1972 Lincoln Continental coupe
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Yup, I read that one wrong. The original air bags are cheap to replace and belong on the car. Just did this recently on my 03. Wayne

Return to “Chassis, Suspension, Steering & Brakes”