Parking Brake Release

Frames, uni-bodies, suspensions, axles, springs, bushings, shocks, brakes, rotors, hubs, etc.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

jkh290
Occasional Visitor

Parking Brake Release

Post by jkh290 »

I have a 64 LCC. I drove to daughters home and parked the car, when I came out the car wouldn't start. Jumped the care from the solenoid, but couldn't get the parking brake to release, the top wouldn't go up either. Not wanting to drive the car home with the brake on, I parked the car in her garage due to it being late and dark, figured I would look at it in the morning. I notice a small spring about 5 inches in length that I didn't notice before laying on the floor. So the car wouldn't start, parking brake wouldn't release and top wouldn't go up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Jim
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Parking Brake Release

Post by defrang »

It can be released manually by pulling on the lever. Here is a photo. I can't think of any reason the top is related to the brake.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 11.09.27 AM.png
Robert DeFrang
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I think you PUSH on that lever.
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by defrang »

Either Dan is correct or I meant pull down. :D The spring break and found on the floor happened to me a year or two ago and it took me two trips to Ace hardware. After buying about 10 different springs, I finally found one that worked for me. I could not find the OEM size, length, rate, etc and had to test each of them until I found one that seemed to make the E brake pedal 'feel' correct.
Robert DeFrang

Return to “Chassis, Suspension, Steering & Brakes”