64-66 Radio & other Instruction hang tags

This area is reserved for the ever growing need for technical documentation for our Lincolns. It is where scans and pics of schematics, wiring diagrams, vacuum diagrams, technical bulletins, and all similar documentation is made available to members of TheLincolnForum.Net. The best part is it is all free. Original owners copyright is assumed as this information is only provided as a reference for members.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

AlT63bird
Lincoln Maniac

64-66 Radio & other Instruction hang tags

Post by AlT63bird »

Trying to find photos or examples of radio instruction tags hung off radio knobs for 64-66 and/or small instruction booklet. Same for 66 AM-8 track and other things like seat belt retractors, 65-66 disc brakes, speed control, or other options. I am putting together an article this weekend on as-delivered items in 64-66 T-birds and am seeing reference to Lincoln part numbers for AM-FM radios. Also trying to find pics or copies of items in glove box like tire warranty documents. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tags with Lincoln part numbers:
C5VA-19A016-A - AM-FM Radio Operating Guide - 1965
C6VA-19A016-A - AM-FM Radio Operating Guide - 1966
C6??-19A043-? (no prefix/suffix) - Stereo Tape Player Cartridge Ass'y - 1966
Last edited by AlT63bird on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H. Tast AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club International
action
LCOC Regional Director

Re: 64-66 Radio & other Instruction hang tags

Post by action »

At least for model year 1966, I have not seen any consumer literature for the new Lincoln owner except the window sticker, owner's manual and the owner's card.

There may have been a warranty booklet, radio guide or some other thing. I just have not seen those.
I have seen dealership technician items for 1966.

I have a 70 Mark III and a 71 LTD. Both of those have a lot more documents.

Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Nor have I heard of such redundant hang tags for Lincolns of that era. The owner's manual is actually quite detailed in how to operate those devices, thus I don't think it would make sense to make hang tags with info the owner's manual already covers thoroughly.

Now, in '82, Ford did include a little extra info besides the owner's manual for the stereo system, in the form of a cassette. It was mostly random music selections of all genres, but the first track was a voice-instruction on how to fiddle with the stereo controls. I remember that from my grand's '82 Humpback, which I really liked, actually...until everything seemed to start self-destructing, starting with the VV carburetor which every Ford-affiliated dealer in the area refused to touch, even for money.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

Have hang tags for 1965 Guidematic, speed control, and disc brakes. Also have AM-FM radio guide.
PM me with your e-mail so that I can send pics. For some reason, I can't upload pics here any more.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation