1961 HVAC Vacuum diagrams???

This area is reserved for the ever growing need for technical documentation for our Lincolns. It is where scans and pics of schematics, wiring diagrams, vacuum diagrams, technical bulletins, and all similar documentation is made available to members of TheLincolnForum.Net. The best part is it is all free. Original owners copyright is assumed as this information is only provided as a reference for members.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 1961 HVAC Vacuum diagrams???

Post by John Mc »

Excellent info, great post. I will follow your lead, thanks.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 1961 HVAC Vacuum diagrams???

Post by Steve K »

BTW, comparing the diagram provided in this discussion to my 64, there is virtually no difference. One thing to keep your eye on. I found a couple places where there were fittings with different size nipples on them. On one of them, one of the nipples was tiny. It had sheared off right where it joined the main body of the connector. As a result, I had this very small hose hanging there with nothing within reach to connect it to. I searched and searched for a nipple in the area before I lucked out and noticed the sheared off nipple. As a "General" rule, the hoses tend to hang in close relationship to where they were connected for most of the life of the car. Even when they are old and brittle, they maintain a close memory of where they were. That gives you some good clues for hunting. That tiny orphaned hose turned out to be the hose to the wiper switch that turns them on with the washer button. Another suggestion. Get some of those pinch to close hose clamps in a variety of sizes and clamp every hose to it's home nipple. When you are done and happy with the way everything works, go back over the whole thing and see if you can improve on the organization of the hoses. It seems like as you work, you end up with some tangles that are easy to fix one by one once everything is working. It's not so heart wrenching to disconnect one hose at a time to run it back around another hose or behind a brace or hood release mechanism etc. when you know where to come back to hook it up again. I also use black zip ties to hook the individual hoses into clusters and fasten them out of the way so when you are doing other things under the hood or reaching up under the dash for something else, you don't get tangled up in the spaghetti . It may not be factory original, but you won't be doing it again any time soon if you secure everything .
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair