1966 ATC TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

This area is reserved for the ever growing need for technical documentation for our Lincolns. It is where scans and pics of schematics, wiring diagrams, vacuum diagrams, technical bulletins, and all similar documentation is made available to members of TheLincolnForum.Net. The best part is it is all free. Original owners copyright is assumed as this information is only provided as a reference for members.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

bstarrett

1966 ATC TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

Post by bstarrett »

For what it's worth I happened to stumble across this 1966 Automatic Temperature Control service bulletin from 1969. It has in vehicle tests as well as bench testing instructions. Hopefully it can aid with any troubleshooting you might do doing. I will begin troubleshooting mine within the next month or so and will give updates. As of right now the blower motor only works in the deice position and only blows heat.
Attachments
66 atc.pdf
(330.38 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
1966 4dr sedan
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 1966 ATC TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE

Post by 66Lincoupe »

As far as I am aware the 66 isn't repairable... The service was to replace it with a 1967 unit.
Rob
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

They COULD be repaired, but the design was obviously so problematic that Ford determined it was better to redesign it for 1967 and again in 1968, which is why the brain became a service part.
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

Dan Szwarc wrote:They COULD be repaired, but the design was obviously so problematic that Ford determined it was better to redesign it for 1967 and again in 1968, which is why the brain became a service part.
Makes sense... And it sounds like us!
Rob