new lincoln mark VI web page!

This area is reserved for the ever growing need for technical documentation for our Lincolns. It is where scans and pics of schematics, wiring diagrams, vacuum diagrams, technical bulletins, and all similar documentation is made available to members of TheLincolnForum.Net. The best part is it is all free. Original owners copyright is assumed as this information is only provided as a reference for members.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

hammond
Occasional Visitor

new lincoln mark VI web page!

Post by hammond »

Hello everyone.

please take a look at my new 1980 lincoln mark VI page.

http://www.markvi.hamcar.info

More information will come!

sincerely

Tommy
convertible63
Occasional Visitor

Re: new lincoln mark VI web page!

Post by convertible63 »

Tommy,

well done! Good job. A lot of great information. Will check it often and advertise it...
1973 Mark IV Fanatic
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1973 Mark IV Fanatic »

Hi, Tommy: You have done an outstanding job with your web page. First class, all the way! Just like the cars themselves.
Jim Weller 1986 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition, 1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series, 2000 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition.
WhiteLightning
Frequent Contributor

Post by WhiteLightning »

Nice work but there are problems with your 82 year leather wrapped steering wheels were still optional
1956 Continental Mark II
1969 Continental Mark III
1979 Mark V collectors series triple white
1982 Mark VI 4-door signature series pewter
1982 Mark VI 2-door signature series triple red

No man is an island, some man are peninsulas
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Not bad! :smt023 I like the Pucci look of '83--really nice.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Gerald F. Chase
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Gerald F. Chase »

Tommy,

I tried the link for Mark VIs...twice . . . . but get a 'standard' "can't be found" box. Is there a revised address?

Jerry
onedollarbob
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by onedollarbob »

I don't think Tommy has been on the board since his original post here. We used to email, but I haven't heard from him in a long while; I suspect he quit maintaining his site quite some time ago.

I wish Automotive Mileposts would put something together for the Mark VI.
1979 Mark V Collector's Series -- Sold
1983 Mark VI Signature Series coupe -- R.I.P.
1989 Mark VII LSC

"After the final No there comes a Yes / And on that Yes the future of the world hangs." --Wallace Stevens
ChrisInSD

Post by ChrisInSD »

I am more familiar with Chrysler vintage products, specifically the Imperial. I have been looking into vintage Lincolns for a next car as Imperials are extremely hard to restore/maintain given the limited sales.

Given the much greater sales volume of these vehicles (and likely fan community), I've been extremely surprised at the lack of good websites I've found. Just lots of forums like this that all duplicate each other.

As an example, the Imperial Owners Club maintains a site (http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/index.htm) with detailed information about every year and model built, options on the car, original pricing, brochures, maintenance tips by year even videos (new and old). I've found absolutely nothing of this caliber for Lincoln--amazingly Wikipedia seems to be most comprehensive source of history/information about vehicle lineage.

Am I missing something?? (I totally could be) Is there a great resource out there I don't know about?

Thanks all.
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

There is a wealth of information here - you just have to search for it. There are also very detailed authenticity manuals available for a wide variety of years and models available from the LCOC. As far as websites with all of this organized, I don't know that there is one other than Automotive Mileposts, but even that is limited to basically options/colors, not necessarily authenticity details. A lot of stuff has been discussed here over the years - not much comes up that is totally new, never seen.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham