here i go with a Lincoln

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
mrjb9475
Occasional Visitor

here i go with a Lincoln

Post by mrjb9475 »

not sure if this is the correct place to post or even if this is considered a project I just joined I am New to Lincoln have owned about 7 cadillacs and always liked lincons too I am about to aquire a 1970 continental coupe to be picked up on sat I will post pics when I get it and find out how lol. I live near Detroit and hopefully join up with a local Lincoln club I'm trying to learn all I can about this car or lincons in general I will only be the 2nd owner and car looks to be all original and well preserved it has not been on the road in 3 years however it has been started and maintenance done so this will be more of a bringing it up to standards and cleaning and polishing project any input will be appreciated thank you. :grin:
Jessie
action
LCOC Regional Director

Re: here i go with a Lincoln

Post by action »

Looking forward to the pictures.

The Lincoln Club can be found here https://lcoc.org/ (Not sure why there are pictures of Corvettes on the website front page)
National and Regional (Local)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
mrjb9475
Occasional Visitor

Post by mrjb9475 »

Do I have to join the national club too join the local club?
Jessie
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Come out to Hickory Corners, MI for the Annual Homecoming. Probably too late to register your car for the field, but you can come talk to club members and tour the campus. I will be there Saturday.

https://lcoc.org/event/fifth-annual-lin ... tance_id=3
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

mrjb9475 wrote:Do I have to join the national club too join the local club?
I believe the answer is yes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
mrjb9475
Occasional Visitor

Post by mrjb9475 »

that sounds very awesome thank you however my Saturday is booked I am getting the car and working I think this season will be more gaining knowledge, meeting others and working on the Lincoln next season will be more for driving and enjoying events. I am going to submit my payment and join both national and local clubs I think its well worth it.
Jessie
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

action wrote:The Lincoln Club can be found here https://lcoc.org/ (Not sure why there are pictures of Corvettes on the website front page)
National and Regional (Local)
Because it's coverage of a visit to the Veit Museum which was part of the Mid-America Meet. The pictures and stories change when there's something new to report. It keeps the site from getting stale. Always something new to see.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
mrjb9475
Occasional Visitor

Post by mrjb9475 »

Well I picked up the Lincoln and it looks better then expected I can't figure out how to post pics yet the last time it was registered was 1987 I drove it home about 40 miles last time driven was 3 years ago and had about 10 years of dust on it but I spent all day cleaning her and she shined up well only issues so far are
1. Driver window won't roll up or down I hear a clicking when I hit switch.
2. I hear like a small vacuum noise by dash somewhere very faint
3. Horn does not work I hear nothing no clicks
4. Sounds like exhaust or intake leak on front driver side of motor I hope I can find/fix this easy this is what bothers me the most the prior owner said this never did this untill I picked it up he is a straight up guy I knew him for years so I believe this.
Jessie
mrjb9475
Occasional Visitor

Post by mrjb9475 »

https://imageshack.us/user/mrjb9475

I think. I figured out how to post pics lol. These are from 1st getting it from wherehouse to getting gas the first time to all the extra parts in trunk including the 1970 detroit news paper lol.

I hope this one works now
Last edited by mrjb9475 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jessie
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

You probably know by now, but the pictures didn't make it. Would like to see them. Wayne
mrjb9475
Occasional Visitor

Post by mrjb9475 »

all should work now and I will be posting more pictures as I go just need to get the wipers working I did get the horn working.
Jessie
RMAENV
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by RMAENV »

probably a vacuum leak on the wipers. Listen for the "hiss" where something is leaking air
Rob
1966 Lincoln Convertible (White/Black)
1957 Chevy Bel Air Resto-Mod (Anthricite/Black)
2009 Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi (Hemi Orange Pearl/Black)
2012 Expedition EL (White Titanium Tricoat/Charcoal)
mrjb9475
Occasional Visitor

Post by mrjb9475 »

I do hear a hiss and also out of the blue they started working slowly here are some more pics I hope they work
https://ibb.co/n1E1RU
https://ibb.co/g2WsY9
Jessie
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

The vacuum his or leak is likely the control of the head light doors. Should be the loudest by the headlight switch.

Do the headlight doors stay closed when the engine is off?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

mrjb9475 wrote:not sure if this is the correct place to post or even if this is considered a project I just joined I am New to Lincoln have owned about 7 cadillacs and always liked lincons too I am about to aquire a 1970 continental coupe to be picked up on sat I will post pics when I get it and find out how lol. I live near Detroit and hopefully join up with a local Lincoln club I'm trying to learn all I can about this car or lincons in general I will only be the 2nd owner and car looks to be all original and well preserved it has not been on the road in 3 years however it has been started and maintenance done so this will be more of a bringing it up to standards and cleaning and polishing project any input will be appreciated thank you. :grin:
Jesse, congratulations on the new purchase. These are wonderful cars as you will soon discover.
Yes in order to join the local MI Region, you must be a member of the national LCOC, which is really what you want to do anyway. Its very simple, just go to LCOC.org and in a matter of minutes, you will be a LCOC member. You can also link to the Michigan Region from there. Best of luck, and I look forward to meeting you - and your 1970 Lincoln in the near future. :grin:
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC