*PIC ALERT* My Blue '69 Sedan w/ Town Car Interior

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
linc64
TLFer for Life

Re: *PIC ALERT* My Blue '69 Sedan w/ Town Car Interior

Post by linc64 »

Gorgeous! :smt023
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
siglumous
Occasional Visitor

Post by siglumous »

Here are a couple shots of the interior. She's in great shape, but could use a good sorting and cleaning now, so that the interior matches the exterior. It needs a few odds/ends fixed up: clock, radio, some slight wear marks/creases on the driver's seat leather, arm rest vinyl separating, etc. Things I'll be able to do over the winter. Oh, and there's an odd piece that I'll have to track down--the wood-grained trim that fits to the left of the driver's side dash should likely be blue vinyl to match the rest of the Town Car interior option (see last photo). Am having a hard time to track that down...but I'm still looking.
Attachments
1969 Lincoln Continental (165).jpg
1969 Lincoln Continental (166).jpg
1969 Lincoln Continental (196).jpg
1969 Lincoln Continental (176).jpg
1969 Lincoln Continental (184).jpg
1969 Lincoln Continental (210).jpg
1969 Lincoln Continental (191).jpg
1969 Lincoln Continental (205).jpg
siglumous
Occasional Visitor

Post by siglumous »

I made a video of the car a few months ago after I picked her up and just recently added some finishing touches to it. Here's the link if anyone wants to see it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pWkFK2 ... sp=sharing

I still need to get her out on a nice sunny day to take pictures of the brilliant color and then post them.
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

Nice vid.

Looks like you added an outside passenger side rear view mirror?
If yes, is that mirror for a '69?

And looks like it has a lot of options?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
siglumous
Occasional Visitor

Post by siglumous »

Good eye Action. Yes, I added the RSV mirror (correct dealer option for '69) which she didn't come with when I bought her. And I installed the flared/turbine wheel covers that originally came with the car. Quite a few factory options but not all...no load leveler, rear defogger/extractor, passenger recline, bucket/center console, limited slip (although it does have the 3.0:1 ratio).
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

siglumous wrote:Good eye Action. Yes, I added the RSV mirror (correct dealer option for '69) which she didn't come with when I bought her. And I installed the flared/turbine wheel covers that originally came with the car. Quite a few factory options but not all...no load leveler, rear defogger/extractor, passenger recline, bucket/center console, limited slip (although it does have the 3.0:1 ratio).
I wasn't sure if load leveler was a factory option. So I had to get out brochures. I assume it was for '69 because in the '68 brochure Automatic Ride Leveler is listed. Has to be a very rare option along with the center console

My '70 Mark III has Traction-Lok differential (An Ohio delivered car) however I am not sure you would want that. From time to time going around corners I feel/hear a bump and freak out. Then I have to remember it is the Traction-Lok differential that has gripped and then let go. I could friction modifyer in there. However I have higher priority things that are screaming my attention. And not sure about you, My Mark III is never going to see sand or snow so the option is lost for my ownership.

The degogger and reclining seats you could add like the mirror if you want to put in the effort. I wish a right side mirror was an option on the 70 Mark III. Unlike other models that mirror isn't available from the factory OR as a dealer installed option.
>>>>>>>Action
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
siglumous
Occasional Visitor

Post by siglumous »

You just made me feel better about not having the traction lock! Peculiar the Mark III did not come with a RSV mirror--I would have expected a newly designed model like that to have had one standard. I know other GM/Mopars did by then.

I added the mirror to my car because I had the unit and I think it looks better (balanced) with it on. But it sure isn't all that useful. They hadn't gotten the right optics or placement at that time. I still crane my head to ensure things are clear.
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

The '69 Mark III had a right outside mirror as an option. Not exactly sure it was available the full model year as the first model year all kinds of things changed. It was a rare option or had very limited availablility. And it was a very long model year.

For 1970, Mark underwent some significant changes. Among then was the design of the outside rear view mirror. Instead of plain chrome the outside mirror head has a Lincoln star logo on the mirror head. There was no 70/71 right side mirror made that matched the left side. And as a result the '69 right side mirror (if one could find one) would be a poor substitute.
Now you have the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say.

And yes you are likely better off not having traction-lok. It is fun for a moment. After that it is annoying.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
78Cartier
Lincoln Maniac

Post by 78Cartier »

Wow! Congrats. I love the TC interior option on the '69.
1978 Continental Mark V Cartier