1965 LCC Restore by Jedf16 Update 2

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
Jedf16

1965 LCC Restore by Jedf16 Update 2

Post by Jedf16 »

Search for this post if you want background info: 1965 LCC Restore by Jedf16 Update 1

So its been 10 months and I have made some progress. The 65 I purchased and wanted to restore was a FAIL (First Attempt In Learning) and is now a parts car (if you need 65 parts, i have them for sale). So i found a mentor and with his help and looking a several 65 and a 64 - I have aquired a 1964 LCC as my restoration project. Car is worthy of restoration and is really in great shape corrosion wise. During that search I have had the 65's transmission and engine go thru a complete rebuild.

My barn find.
IMG_6581.jpg
IMG_6584.jpg
IMG_6585.jpg
Delivered to the house
IMG_7075.JPG
bought a 64 Sadan for the metal and additional parts.
IMG_7080.JPG
Slowly striping anything that is bolted, screwed, taped, or not otherwise welded to this beast. This is an exercise of taking pictures and labeling everything in a plastic bag.
IMG_7738.JPG
IMG_7739.JPG
Will start to drill out spot welds and remove all 4 fenders very soon. Will title next post as 1964 LCC Restore by Jed update XX

List of questions I currently have - BTW, I really have no idea what or how to do a restore. But I'm just doing it. Any advice is always appreciated.
Are Sedan doors and/or windows interchangable to the convertible (I figure back doors are not, but the windows?)
Are the seats interchangeable
Whats better - belt sander or spot weld bit to remove spot welds?
Should I go with 4 wheel disc brakes or just front disc brakes off the 65?
Is there away to restore the rubber ind pretty good shape from the car or do I just replace it all?
I am undecided on standard suspension or air bag. Leaning toward air.
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: 1965 LCC Restore by Jedf16 Update 2

Post by defrang »

Great project. Look forward to the future progress posts. Rear doors are different. Seats are the same and interchangeable 64-5 sedan vs vert. Front brakes from the 65 might be easier and they are OK but more is better. Rubber needs replacement. Rubber the right way just sent an email last week about new splash apron and inner fender seal kit. Look at their website and Steele rubber products.
Robert DeFrang