40 day, 40 night challenge(63 Vert)

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
c0v3rr1d3
Frequent Contributor

Re: 40 day, 40 night challenge(63 Vert)

Post by c0v3rr1d3 »

*Day 19/20*
Lost Night 18 to having to play a gig, day 19 was my bachelor party so was only able to spray the undersides of the hood/trunk and a 2nd coat on the door jams sat morning to finish all painting. Today, fixed a couple bug imperfections on the hood and trunk, and then sprayed all the dash parts and dyed the dash pad i had to match. Tried to find a color close to the original medium blue carpet that i have brand new from a long time ago.
Attachments
IMG_20160918_191007379.jpg
IMG_20160918_191103940.jpg
IMG_20160918_191111108.jpg
IMG_20160918_191117966.jpg
www.wrenchandhammer.com
FB @whrestoration
IG @whrestorations
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Hey, that's the perfect time to set the tone.... :grin:
c0v3rr1d3
Frequent Contributor

Post by c0v3rr1d3 »

Night 21

More interior parts cleaned and color dyed. Cell phone camera really doesn't capture it well, gotta get a real camera soon.
Attachments
IMG_20160920_080703220.jpg
IMG_20160920_080708390.jpg
www.wrenchandhammer.com
FB @whrestoration
IG @whrestorations
c0v3rr1d3
Frequent Contributor

Post by c0v3rr1d3 »

Night 22/23
Unfortunately not much progress due to wedding meetings and gig practice. Started to put the drivers door internals all back together, so once i get that figured out, should make it quicker for the rest, lots of parts on order and coming in the next couple days, car goes to the upholster tomorrow for the vert top install and front/rear seats recovered with the correct new carpet pieces, along with door panels, and sun visors. Rims come in Friday, will go to the powder coating on Monday and tires mounted, car comes back wed *fingers crossed* and then more reassembly to happen. New bumpers should hopefully be in by end of month, and then its extreme crunch time.
www.wrenchandhammer.com
FB @whrestoration
IG @whrestorations
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by defrang »

what are you using to color dye the interior parts? I used color bond lvp with success recently on the plastic trim at the lower edges of the front seats. Great to watch your project go forward at accelerated speed compared to the glacial progress on my vert.
Robert DeFrang
c0v3rr1d3
Frequent Contributor

Post by c0v3rr1d3 »

www.wrenchandhammer.com
FB @whrestoration
IG @whrestorations
mlj427
Frequent Contributor

Post by mlj427 »

Haven't heard a update in a while how's it going? I love the color can't wait for outdoor pictures.
Mike
1972 Lincoln Continental coupe
brendanw
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by brendanw »

I was thinking the same thing. I offered my help ... hopefully he reaches out. If nothing else I suppose I could offer up my '68 for his wedding :) as long as I get a seat at a table
1968 Lincoln Continental Sedan - Black on black - 462 ci [SOLD NOV 2017]
c0v3rr1d3
Frequent Contributor

Post by c0v3rr1d3 »

Thanks, Car is stuck at the upholstery shop. Apparently i wasn't clear enough when i dropped it off last thursday that i need the top done before this weekend. Will call again this afternoon cause if i lose this weekend cause of them i am shit out of luck. In the meantime was able to get the dash back together thanks to Alex(lincolns West) for the wood inserts (and chrome bumpers), Charles (LCont72) for some great bezels and switches and John (JAB) for the convertible switch housing bracket. Just have to get new bulbs and fix one frayed wire and the dash will be finished.

Also the Detroit steel wheels came in and went to the powder coaters, got those back today 20's powder coated gloss white, to match the top. Chrome trim rings and chrome baby moon caps... Thanks to Mobsteel for getting these rush ordered for me.

Day 29 and 31
IMG_20160927_233747391.jpg
IMG_20160929_220212778.jpg
www.wrenchandhammer.com
FB @whrestoration
IG @whrestorations
c0v3rr1d3
Frequent Contributor

Post by c0v3rr1d3 »

I should have never decided to put a new top on this car and just hoped for the best weather wise... Now i have to go and tow the car out tomorrow morning, just so i can use the weekend to do as much as i can and then tow it back either monday or early next week for them to finish it, i swear this shop will be the reason this doesn't get finished in time.
www.wrenchandhammer.com
FB @whrestoration
IG @whrestorations
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

Sorry about the top situation. If it's any consolation though, your dash looks amazing. I'll put a spell on the weather man and mother nature for a nice warm, but not hot, sunny day for your wedding. What an amazing feat you have accomplished on this car over the past month or so. Both the ladies in your life, the bride to be and the car, are lucky to have you. Just imagine the new Mrs. cruising the Lincoln when she picks up her friends for lunch. Will you be using the car for the honeymoon? Not sure my spell will last for more than a day! ha. Good luck.
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
c0v3rr1d3
Frequent Contributor

Post by c0v3rr1d3 »

Thanks Steve, i need all the voodoo magic i can get!! Plan is to use the car for the wedding day, ie drive the groomsman and myself to the church, then drive myself and my bride to the reception after some pictures (with the car of course) :)
www.wrenchandhammer.com
FB @whrestoration
IG @whrestorations
c0v3rr1d3
Frequent Contributor

Post by c0v3rr1d3 »

Weekend Update
All doors are put back together, all trim cleaned and polished, hood back on the car, dash semi installed some moldings put back on as well. Having issues getting all the clips and moldings to work nicely. Hoping to get dash fully wired tonight and put in some fresh gas and oil and see if she'll fire back up. Then back to the upholstery to finish the top and hopefully get it back thursday..
www.wrenchandhammer.com
FB @whrestoration
IG @whrestorations
c0v3rr1d3
Frequent Contributor

Post by c0v3rr1d3 »

Day 35
Car is back at the Upholster to finish the top install. Updated the List of whats done and left to do below:

TO DO
  • Body Work
  • Convert Rear Sedan Doors to Vert doors, smooth out any dents or small rust holes. sand/prep for paint - Done
  • Smooth and sand/prep Front doors for Paint - Done
  • Fix Front Fender bullet hole dents, smooth and sand/prep for paint - Done
  • Smooth out rear deck lid, flapper panel and hood sand/prep for paint - Done

Exterior
  • Paint - Epoxy Primer then Sealer then Top Coat of Porsche Aqua blue Pearl - DONE! 9/15
  • Top - Install New Vert Top (white)-have had new in box since 2009 - At Upholster- In Progress
  • Bumpers -Re-chromed and installed - Old bumpers stripped, putting new bumpers together tonight
  • Stainless - Polish and Install - Done
  • Wheels/Tires - Detroit Steel 20" Steelies, trim rings, baby moon caps, Gloss White, 245/40/20 1" whitewall tires - Done-need to mount to car and install trim rings and caps.
  • All new weatherstripping (or at least everything i can actually source in time) - not much available oh well
  • Spray undercoating on the undercarriage. - Not happening
  • Transfer all trunk lid components to new truck lid and install - To Be Done
  • Install all stainless trim, grill, etc - In Progress

Interior
  • Dash-Vert dash was cracked, ripped and trashed, so need to swap the vert harness and all gauges to good sedan dash that i have. - Done
  • Dye Dash to match interior color scheme. - Done
  • Polish and restore all gauges. - Done
  • Re-Coverand & Install new white/blue door panels - At Upholster- In Progress
  • Install Carpet - To Be Done
  • Replace window rollers, rebuilt motors, window switches,and rebuild all doors. - Done
  • Install seat belts. - To Be Done
  • Re-cover front/rear seats white/blue piping or stitching and rebuild power seat. - Power Seat Track rebuild In Progress-Seats at Upholster

Mechanical
  • Replace entire exhaust - (have to find a shop, exhaust bolts too rusted and already snapped one)
  • Check motor(rebuilt entire top end back in 08/09) but has been sitting since, fresh fuel and oil. - Done
  • Check brakes, tweak master cylinder rod (converted to dual master and front disk back in 09 and all new lines) need to check entire system. - To Be Done
  • Install inline electric fuel pump to help combat vapor lock, even though had the original 3 port rebuilt back in 09. - To Be Done

Electrical
  • Wire up Dash to Car - Done
  • Troubleshoot no start, probably something with dash wiring - To Be Done
  • Wire up switches for EFP, top lock/unlock and deck lock/unlock for manual use. - To Be Done
www.wrenchandhammer.com
FB @whrestoration
IG @whrestorations
burnski
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by burnski »

are you still thinking you'll make it to SEMA?
Pat
Bagged 1964 Lincoln Continental
My Air Ride Install, My FiTech EFI Install