Taking engine out of 1962

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
Newchapters
Frequent Contributor

Re: Taking engine out of 1962

Post by Newchapters »

Install all my power door lock and they all work. It not that hard but as usual you have to think outside the box and my luck I drop parts that I can't find or I can't fine my long screw driver. So a 4 hrs project takes 2 days. I had to get a piece of metal from home depot because one of the metal connecting rods broke. I am waking for the extra harness to come so I can wire it up. Found an easy way to test the locks. Take your battery off you drill and test it with that. one way will open and switch wire and it will close it.
Attachments
how I did door locks.
how I did door locks.
I dropped the machine speed nut so i had to use the only other one I had and it didnt match up with any of the bolts I had lol
I dropped the machine speed nut so i had to use the only other one I had and it didnt match up with any of the bolts I had lol
1962 Lincoln bagged
Newchapters
Frequent Contributor

Post by Newchapters »

Ok I am back at working on car again. I left off wiring up the door locks and working on wiring the car. It amazing how time flies with other stuff. I got some new items for car to install when I get to that point. A vintage air gen 2 super cool ac unit and a dakota digital Lincoln dash kit. I will take pictures and post my work. I am back working on wiring the car up with the american highway 22 kit and have all the wires fan of the power window motors but have some questions.

A couple of questions about wiring in the car. Yes I do have a owners and wiring manual but they aren't very detailed and hard to read.

1. Wiring door triggers and dome light. My highway 22 kit has a wire of it from the head light switch and the fuse box with white wire. If I am right the lincoln original wire harness has a green wire with yellow stripe and a black wire with blue stripe but has a brown wire going to dome light. What wires are what? Also how is that wired. Is it one wire to each switch from fuse box or is wired in series.

2.1962 Lincoln window motor uses 4 wires for motor. (61-2 motors have POWERED fields inside and are known as the 'shunt wound' motor.) What window switch should I use? I have read the post but most of the cars are 64,65.66 which is a different motor. Go with a 4 wire or five wire and how is it wired up? I know green is power always on, black ground, yellow and red up or down.

Keep up the great work and thank for your help.
1962 Lincoln bagged
Newchapters
Frequent Contributor

Post by Newchapters »

slowly chipping away at working on my car. I removed the rear axel and items to to get to all the undercoating so I could remove it. It took so long and Talk about a pain in the butt removing all the undercoating. I tired Eastwood undercoating with no luck because it didn't cure properly and we just come right off of you scraped it with your fingernail. I had to remove it all again and I decided to pour 15 the whole underside of the car and add the raptor system. After if fulled cured it looked great and very strong.
Attachments
cleaning rear axel
cleaning rear axel
Remove undercoating
Remove undercoating
rust converter and cleaning
rust converter and cleaning
Raptor
Raptor
painted axel
painted axel
1962 Lincoln bagged